• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Who can tell from 1.40 of video? I would tend to give LEO the benefit of doubt here without the whole video.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Why would an LEO be given the benefit of the doubt over a citizen?

Maybe planted, maybe not but if there's doubt why give the edge to the LEO?

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    What happened to innocent until Proven guilty? Why convict the LEO based on an incomplete video?

Sounded to me like the benefit to LEO was in relation to the arrest of the citizen being justified and I don't agree with that. Any charges should be dropped.

If charges were to be brought against the LEO for planting evidence, I would agree that those charges should be dropped too.

I'm not suggesting the LEO is guilty of anything.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    I disagree that taking a baggie out of a pocket and sitting it down in front of you, where no one else has access to it, for a few minutes breaks the chain of evidence.

you are welcome to your opinion my friend :rockwoot:.............. but at no time did i say
    taking a baggie out of a pocket and sitting it down in front of you, where no one else has access to it, for a few minutes breaks the chain of evidence.

my past comments are :

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireblade
    I would like to know there departments policy of chain of evidence any officer who secures evidence has a chain of evidence to follow. Taking evidence out of a secure area (officer pocket) during a active search is not in any police policy i have seen .....and officer while searching your car can secure evidence he finds in his pocket. After the search it is complete only then take it out of the secure area in front of the camera or other officer thats why you see so many officer place evidence on there car hood so the chain of evidence is recorded on camera.

either is a bad cop or a very dumb one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireblade
    dust of them books off :D ......spent most of my life in military :patriot: the only civilian job i have ever had was ........LEO favorite person......... ( IA ) internal affiars......:popcorn: but that was a long time ago :oldwise:.............. yes any time evidence is taken there a chain of evidence to follow........by unsecuring evidence the way he did breaks the chain of evidence and can cause the evidence to be in doubt ....just like here in the video.....

Yes i would love to see the whole video.... but here the nutts and bolts if he secured that evidence in his pocket during a active search of a car there is no reason to unsecure it until the search is over .....period........... that is were the break of evidence is.

just for this reason am about to give : let say he's a honest officer and he found it early in the search he put it in his pocket but the video doesn't show it and a fellow officer doesn't see it .....all the camera see's is him taking evidence out of his pocket and reaching into a car he is still searching why i don't know but to camera watching it appears his planting evidence . The fact that there is a investigation says to me there no video showing him finding it then securing it in his pocket . The video just shows him taking it out as he searches the car........ this evidence will more then likely be thrown out do to the officer actions.

like i said before its either is a bad (DIRTY) cop or a very dumb one.

Last edited:

TMU317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Indy
    Yes i would love to see the whole video.... but here the nutts and bolts if he secured that evidence in his pocket during a active search of a car there is no reason to unsecure it until the search is over .....period........... that is were the break of evidence is.

just for this reason am about to give : let say he's a honest officer and he found it early in the search he put it in his pocket but the video doesn't show it and a fellow officer doesn't see it .....all the camera see's is him taking evidence out of his pocket and reaching into a car he is still searching why i don't know but to camera watching it appears his planting evidence . The fact that there is a investigation says to me there no video showing him finding it then securing it in his pocket . The video just shows him taking it out as he searches the car........ this evidence will more then likely be thrown out do to the officer actions.

like i said before its either is a bad (DIRTY) cop or a very dumb one.

Here is a much longer version of the video.

FULL DASHCAM VIDEO OF 2/11/11 Utica Police traffic stop | NBC-WKTV News Channel 2 - Utica News, Weather, Sports - | Local News

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth

thank you sir REP headed your way........:yesway:

Now that i have seen the whole video the item he had in his pocket was from searching the driver .................it was not planted now that i have seen all the facts and i feel the evidence will stand it can be proved were it came from there is no break evidence i still think he should have waited to unsecured the evidence until search is done.....for reason given before .......

but on this i will wear egg on my face :ugh: there is prove were the evidence in question came from how it got in his pocket thanks to the camera the other officer placed the evidence he found on the passenger on the hood which like i said before is common practice.........

from the watching the whole stop on video there is nothing too this .........the officers did there job ...... but i bet that officer will not take evidence out of his pocket next time until he's done searching .......... am glad the camera showed were the evidence of question came from other wise it would have turned out like what i said before..............

basic 101 never come to a conclusion till all the evidence is seen :wallbash:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Hurray drug war!!!

This isn't going to waste a **** ton of money and resources over what amounts to the equivalent of a case of beer. Brilliant.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Why'd the LEO put it in his pocket in the first place ?

Seems to me that if everything is on the level , he'd have put the bag on the car hood as soon as he found it , in plain sight for all to see .

TMU317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Indy
    Why'd the LEO put it in his pocket in the first place ?

Seems to me that if everything is on the level , he'd have put the bag on the car hood as soon as he found it , in plain sight for all to see .

There are several reasons to not place the bag on the hood of the car, and instead place it in his pocket. Such as, the wind could easily blow it away, or the suspect could easily bend down and attempt to destroy the evidence by consuming the bag and its contents. I have seen both incidents occur, and the latter leads to much more hassle for the LEO and the suspect. IMO, placing evidence on the hood of the car is not necessarily a secure way to temporarily store it.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    thank you sir REP headed your way........:yesway:

Now that i have seen the whole video the item he had in his pocket was from searching the driver .................it was not planted now that i have seen all the facts and i feel the evidence will stand it can be proved were it came from there is no break evidence i still think he should have waited to unsecured the evidence until search is done.....for reason given before .......

but on this i will wear egg on my face :ugh: there is prove were the evidence in question came from how it got in his pocket thanks to the camera the other officer placed the evidence he found on the passenger on the hood which like i said before is common practice.........

from the watching the whole stop on video there is nothing too this .........the officers did there job ...... but i bet that officer will not take evidence out of his pocket next time until he's done searching .......... am glad the camera showed were the evidence of question came from other wise it would have turned out like what i said before..............

basic 101 never come to a conclusion till all the evidence is seen :wallbash:
    Thank you.
    Your candor is appreciated.
    Now if a few other people around here were as forthright, the "Us vs them" crap might diminish a little.
    I'm not holding my breath though.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom