• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    First I heard of it and I wish it would go on in more places. I hate gun buy backs. The antiques that are "traded in" then destroyed breaks my heart

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Buy back" implies that the police sold them into the community in the first place. A better term would be "Buy ups," because the goal is for the government to buy up all of the firearms (like they're doing to the ammunition supply) leaving nothing for the community to have at its disposal.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    It wasn't picked up by the lamestream media because it doesn't fit their agenda/narrative - simple.

Don't think it went "unnoticed." Intentional decisions were made not to run stories.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    First I heard of it and I wish it would go on in more places. I hate gun buy backs. The antiques that are "traded in" then destroyed breaks my heart
    Same here. It sickens me to see guns, many of them worth several hundred or even thousands of dollars, unceremoniously trashed. I've seen pictures of the dumps they go to. Hundreds of assorted firearms stacked like cord wood awaiting destruction.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm thinking I'd heard of this but can't remember if I saw it here. Maybe I've just heard the part about the origianal 2010 law and that's what I'm thinking of. :dunno:

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Just once i'd like to see one of these Anit-gun people be put into a situation where the LEO was 15 minutes away, and having someone with a CCW protect their sorry butts. Maybe if it was them, then they might have a change of heart...Im not holding my breath mind you, as blue is not a good color for me, but would still like to show some of these people that guns can be used for good purposes and not only just for crimes.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I've never been to a "buy-back" and probably never will be. The whole concept is a joke. What kind of weapon would someone be willing to part with for the prices they're offering? It's a chance for folks to get rid of junk and walk away with a few bucks in their pocket. But you would never get a fair price for a firearm that had any value. And even if I could get a fair price, why would I sell it to them. That would be like leaving my favorite dog at a kennel run by starving Koreans. No thanks.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Just once i'd like to see one of these Anit-gun people be put into a situation where the LEO was 15 minutes away, and having someone with a CCW protect their sorry butts. Maybe if it was them, then they might have a change of heart...Im not holding my breath mind you, as blue is not a good color for me, but would still like to show some of these people that guns can be used for good purposes and not only just for crimes.

Oh, so only people who CCW can help someone? What about those of us who COW? Not everyone hides their guns like a criminal...

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I think it is great -- when the gun buy programs (which I am against, BTW) do bring in guns, they must be sold to FFL dealers instead of destroyed. I especially like it because it is sure to drive the libs crazy. I am guessing it will even discourage such programs, which is good. Good for Gov. Brewer. She continues to be a strong 2A proponent.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Oh, so only people who CCW can help someone? What about those of us who COW? Not everyone hides their guns like a criminal...

Open carry, concealed carry, strapped across their back, or shoved up their fourth point of contact....it doesn't matter HOW it's carried, just the fact that someone is carrying....that was my ultimate point.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Open carry, concealed carry, strapped across their back, or shoved up their fourth point of contact....it doesn't matter HOW it's carried, just the fact that someone is carrying....that was my ultimate point.
    I know, even before I clicked QUOTE, that I'm gonna regret this, but I feel compelled to ask. What is a "fourth point of contact"?

Top Bottom