• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have been buying Chi-Chi's mexican restaurant brand salsa from the Menard's lumber for years. Over a quart jar for the same price as a pint from the grocery store.

You used to have to patronize a business to get signature products of that business, that was supposed to be part of the draw to go there.

No one stays in their lane anymore.

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    I have been buying Chi-Chi's mexican restaurant brand salsa from the Menard's lumber for years. Over a quart jar for the same price as a pint from the grocery store.

You used to have to patronize a business to get signature products of that business, that was supposed to be part of the draw to go there.

No one stays in their lane anymore.
    Really I’ll have to check ole Manerd out as it’s over $7 for a 48oz. Jar these days. Use to be reasonable.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    And even worse, its not even a cash refund. Gotta spend those rebate dollars there. vicious cycle.
    It can be useful. I bought a really expensive pair of pex crimpers, I’m thinking they were around $80 (a few years ago), and they didn’t cost me a penny because of the rebate thing.

I had done a fairly large home project earlier and the stuff I bought there for that paid for the crimpers.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    On my way there in a bit. Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver has a small cowboy action club now called the Hoosier Outlaws. I built unloading tables for the club, now building loading tables. Got some steel cut. A couple staging props for long guns made. Almost as much fun as shooting. Ok, I just lied. But I still enjoy it.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I kept mailing in the rebates and got nothing. I don't shop rebate prices there anymore.

And yes, it's about time I can get Arbies sauce.:woot:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I drive past the Menards on my way to Thursday Morning Men's Breakfast. Between Auto, house and lawn maintenance, I always seem to need something on that trip. They also have Chase and Sanborn coffee , bottled water, soaps and cleaners, batteries and my favorite pretzel sticks. I save up a few receipts to mail at a time to save postage. I always have a stack of rebate certificates to cash in for something. The last microwave only cost $6 out of my pocket because I had the rebate certificates.
    It is not like I love the company, but it is convenient and generally has what I need.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    I scanned a Blank Rebate form and Pre-Filled the Name / Address blocks - so they can't claim it was illegible ... plus I can print more forms in seconds from the saved document ... also have pre-saved Avery labels for the TO address

Wife keeps track and haven't lost any rebates since

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    A while back I discovered what I think is the best store salsa I have ever had. Found it at the Aldi in Portage. It's called Ranchero Salsa, Habanero. It does come in mild version. It's 3.99 for 14 ounces. Dam good salsa!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I found it a few months ago at the local Walmart and went crazy. I love Arby's sauce. In college the local Arbys had the sauce packets out in the restaurant instead of the pumps for a while, So of course every time I went I would grab about 50 packets to use at home.
    My wife laughs at me. Our ridiculous Taco Bell usually wont send anyone to the register to take your order. They'll wander around looking busy, ignoring people standing at the registers until they give up and use the self serve kiosk.

When they do that I compensate myself with a pocket full of sauce packets to use at home when we have tacos. Da Monkey dont work for free! :):

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I walked into the Taco bell on US 26 near I-65 and there was no one at the front, they had even taken down the menu so you could not even make a selection. I hailed someone in the back and they said I had to use the self serve. I told him I was not his employee and left. The man behind me turned around and left also. We commented to each other that people need jobs and we had already retired from ours.

Whatever problems they have running their business, me compensating by donating labor for free is not the solution.

I guess as my generation dies off, the younger people will just stand and type into their phones and hope their needs are met by Uncle Bidet.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I walked into the Taco bell on US 26 near I-65 and there was no one at the front, they had even taken down the menu so you could not even make a selection. I hailed someone in the back and they said I had to use the self serve. I told him I was not his employee and left. The man behind me turned around and left also. We commented to each other that people need jobs and we had already retired from ours.

Whatever problems they have running their business, me compensating by donating labor for free is not the solution.

I guess as my generation dies off, the younger people will just stand and type into their phones and hope their needs are met by Uncle Bidet.
    I still don't understand the hate for the self serve kiosks. I get my order exactly the way I want it, and I don't have to put up with the pimply-faced kid staring blankly at the screen when I give him my "special instructions", only to have to call the manager over to tell him how to ring it up.

You know, many here on INGO (myself included) have said that the kids these days just want things handed to them, but maybe that's what we're doing now by expecting "people" to wait on us, when a better method is available. :dunno:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I still don't understand the hate for the self serve kiosks. I get my order exactly the way I want it, and I don't have to put up with the pimply-faced kid staring blankly at the screen when I give him my "special instructions", only to have to call the manager over to tell him how to ring it up.

You know, many here on INGO (myself included) have said that the kids these days just want things handed to them, but maybe that's what we're doing now by expecting "people" to wait on us, when a better method is available. :dunno:
    They can enter the order faster. If they take my order, I can have the receipt in my hand by the time I navigate halfway through the steps to enter my order.

Also, we are not employees. We shouldnt have to enter our own orders.

And if you are paying by cash, you have to go stand in line a 2nd time to give somebody the money. And I think that taco bell didnt even give you the option to pay cash. At least I dont recall seeing an option now that I think about it.

And as to accuracy, at least on the front end, I can see on my receipt when they screw up. Besides, most grill order mistakes happen in the back in my experience.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville

Most places I order on the app from home then go have them bring it or hand it out to me.:dunno: They also then give me free food eventually. Eat there anyways, so might as well get a little benefit.

Top Bottom