Did you guys buy once cry once? Or upgrade over time?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I loaded on a RockChucker for almost 20 years before I started shooting enough pistol/223 ammo to make the Lee Classic Turret a good option. I've done some loading on a friend's Dillon 550 and can definitely see why anyone loading a lot of rounds would make that investment. If I had it to do over again, I'd still have the same two presses I have today, based on the limited volume I shoot, but the wide variety of cartridges for which I reload.

Almost exactly the same here.

I generally keep my Rockchucker set up for re-sizing, which ever caliber I intend to spend time on for the foreseeable amount of time I have to just do what ever I want. I have it on a massively built "anvil stand" that I found years ago.
    My Lee has a place of honor over the corner leg of my clean bench. I call it that, because I was lucky enough to find a huge piece of galvanized sheet metal, fairly heavy gauge, that I use to top off the bench. No more plywood top, here.

Those Dillons rock for sure, but my station in the scheme of things does not justify the outlay of funds.
    Besides, I enjoy watching every round turn out perfectly.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I started with a Dillon 550 then a Rock Chucker. That wasn't enough so I ended up 3 Dillon SDBs. I used the Rock chucker for .308 if shooting for money as the Dillon powder measures are not consistent enough for me.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 15, 2019
    Union
    I have always bought quality equipmemt,I think its a waste of time and effort going cheap.Better to sve up and gett the best results for your dollar than pay and pay again.

Top Bottom