Did you know that it is illegal to sell toy guns in NYC?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Ant the subject of this article isn't really a gun, but a small cigarette lighter that looks like a gun, with an orange tip even. Punishable by huge fines:

Bloomberg’s NYC Government Fining Gift Shop Owner $60,000 For Selling Tiny, Gun Shaped Lighters

How anti-gun can you be? When I was a kid, we all played cowboys and indians, the lone ranger, and everybody had cap guns. Not so in NYC anymore:

Over the past seven years, city officials have seized more than 7,200 illegal toy guns from stores and levied $2.4 million in fines.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    It seems like NYC is another planet. I am mystified that people would put up with all the dictatorial controlling, not just with guns but salt, soda, etc. What kind of people are these that allow a govt. to do this to them? I used to respect New Yorkers for there particular brand of "in-your-face" attitude. Disgusting!

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It seems like NYC is another planet. I am mystified that people would put up with all the dictatorial controlling, not just with guns but salt, soda, etc. What kind of people are these that allow a govt. to do this to them? I used to respect New Yorkers for there particular brand of "in-your-face" attitude. Disgusting!

Some people want a high level of control. It makes them feel safer. It's sad.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    NYC is not America. It bears no resemblance to America. Maybe it all started when they began hosting the United Nations there, I don't know, but the slippery slope long ago eroded away into the depths of tyranny.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    NYC is not America. It bears no resemblance to America. Maybe it all started when they began hosting the United Nations there, I don't know, but the slippery slope long ago eroded away into the depths of tyranny.

It started well before then.
    The port areas and largest cities in the northeast states were dragged through the Revolution.

Top Bottom