Did you know you can go onto craigslist and buy a gun right now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    I'm sorry, but the whole of this "news story" just smells to me like one more piece of rotten meat to drag around while beating the gun control drum. Kid probably bought a Marlin 60 or something and made an idiot error.

No excuses for him, moron makes us all look bad. Could have hurt himself or his friend in the same way with a pellet gun he bought at Walmart.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I'm sorry, but the whole of this "news story" just smells to me like one more piece of rotten meat to drag around while beating the gun control drum. Kid probably bought a Marlin 60 or something and made an idiot error.

No excuses for him, moron makes us all look bad. Could have hurt himself or his friend in the same way with a pellet gun he bought at Walmart.

It was a AK47 from the stories I've heard.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I understand what you are saying but go to any gun show and see how many times you see people pointing guns at people and pulling triggers. Bet ya it is a bunch.

Try to explain to someone who has been around guns that guns are dangerous. You will get a yelling match. "Eye been around gunz all MEYE lie-feh."

We did teach him; we taught him wrong.

I believe stories like this are evidence for my argument of mandatory firearms education in schools.

Gun shows are hellish on my nerves because of the unsafe handling.

I actually have explained it to many adults who have been around guns all their lives, often I have done this with total strangers.

I have yet to ask someone to point their muzzle in a safe direction and had that person not comply. Some people have gotten upset and defensive and a few have taken their toys and gone home, but even then they complied.

It is our place in society to set a good example and educate. I do think we should teach firearms safety in school (along with first aid, cpr, other valuable skills).

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I am of the younger generation but from what my parents and others have said hunters safety used to be commonly taught in elementary school. I everyone had a lesson or two on basic firearms safety we would have less "accidents".

I agree. Someone from the DNR came in (around 6th-8th grade?) and teach a hunter's safety course to everyone in our grade back when I was in school. This was valuable.

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis

I saw the police report. It was an AK.

And also, I worked on this story - and I'm as Pro 2A as they come. Weird.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Guns on CL?

BFD
    +1. I couldnt care less either but I think the point they were making was its already against CL rules to sell firearms so anyone who tries on there could be shady. Particularly so if they are wanting to trade a lawn mower.

Top Bottom