• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I was at my parents house today with my 3 kids, wife and father. I grew up in this house and know all the neighbors. My girls were practicing riding their bicycles in the yard and alley behind the house. The couple that lives on the other side of the alley got a divorce and now the wife has a new boyfriend (who has a gigantic mullet!). I'm chasing my 2 year old around our yard while watching my girls ride their bikes in the alley and yard. I kept seeing the guy across the alley looking over at us and I knew he was not the husband but I didn't pay no attention to him as I figured he was just curious of who lived across the alley.

My dad got his bicycle out of the shed and started riding up and down the alley with my kids; this finally led to my dad and younger daughter riding down the alley and out on to the road (not a busy street). My 2 year old, of course, wants to follow them so my wife, older daughter, 2 year old and I start going that way. The guy kept staring at us but I just brushed it off.

We get out into the road and the guy is still eye balling us; I made sure I wasn't staring him down but I was curious as to why he was hawk eying us. He threw his arms up in a "whats up, or a you got a problem" type of way but I ignored it. We went up the road and turned around and on our way back down, I look over and the guy stands up and starts walking towards us. The lady that lives there gets up and goes straight in the house quickly. I knew something was up and had that feeling for a few minutes.

We get up to the alley and the guy is coming straight at us, staggering, with the stink eye. He got within 20 feet and I turned towards him kind of squared off with him but still walking (pistol protruding from my side). He stopped abruptly and started peering up into the tree like there was a naked girl up there! (there was nothing in the tree) He picked up a walnut, said something about a cat,(which I acknowledged with a smile) and he turned around and walked away with a stumble.

I would have to say that the lack of confrontation came from the visual appearance of my firearm. What do you think?

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    BTW, nice bass in the avatar!

thank you! I caught it out of a pond in Noblesville next to the Comcast building.

It wasn't like I was imagining the situation because even my older daughter noticed him staring and she got all uncomfortable and nervous to the point to where she said something to my wife (my wife just told me this a few minutes ago).

Last edited:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I'm sorry, but I have to raise the :bs: flag on this one. There is absolutely no way on God's green earth that I can believe that an attack was prevented by a visible firearm. It just doesn't happen. Now if you had said that upon seeing your pistol protruding from your hip, he automatically made you his first target and took your gun from you because you didn't know how to retain your pistol, then I might believe you. Next time try telling a realistic story bro.

(The above comment may require purple) :D

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I'm sorry, but I have to raise the :bs: flag on this one. There is absolutely no way on God's green earth that I can believe that an attack was prevented by a visible firearm. It just doesn't happen. Now if you had said that upon seeing your pistol protruding from your hip, he automatically made you his first target and took your gun from you because you didn't know how to retain your pistol, then I might believe you. Next time try telling a realistic story bro.

Your absolutely right! It was my 5'6" 120lb ass that made him look up at the tree like a biologist on crack!

Did I mention he had a mullet?

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I'd be wondering if this guy is OK towards my parents.

I have been thinking about that. My mom works really late and my dad can handle himself. I've been talking to my mom about getting a Home defense weapon and I'm gaining ground. All she needs is a good offer put in front of her that she can't refuse (and some training).

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Is this a recent divorce? If so, maybe he thought you were checking out her new breast enhancement and got mad.

"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
    I got to say it was a good day"

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I was at my parents house today with my 3 kids, wife and father. I grew up in this house and know all the neighbors. My girls were practicing riding their bicycles in the yard and alley behind the house. The couple that lives on the other side of the alley got a divorce and now the wife has a new boyfriend (who has a gigantic mullet!). I'm chasing my 2 year old around our yard while watching my girls ride their bikes in the alley and yard. I kept seeing the guy across the alley looking over at us and I knew he was not the husband but I didn't pay no attention to him as I figured he was just curious of who lived across the alley.

My dad got his bicycle out of the shed and started riding up and down the alley with my kids; this finally led to my dad and younger daughter riding down the alley and out on to the road (not a busy street). My 2 year old, of course, wants to follow them so my wife, older daughter, 2 year old and I start going that way. The guy kept staring at us but I just brushed it off.

We get out into the road and the guy is still eye balling us; I made sure I wasn't staring him down but I was curious as to why he was hawk eying us. He threw his arms up in a "whats up, or a you got a problem" type of way but I ignored it. We went up the road and turned around and on our way back down, I look over and the guy stands up and starts walking towards us. The lady that lives there gets up and goes straight in the house quickly. I knew something was up and had that feeling for a few minutes.

We get up to the alley and the guy is coming straight at us, staggering, with the stink eye. He got within 20 feet and I turned towards him kind of squared off with him but still walking (pistol protruding from my side). He stopped abruptly and started peering up into the tree like there was a naked girl up there! (there was nothing in the tree) He picked up a walnut, said something about a cat,(which I acknowledged with a smile) and he turned around and walked away with a stumble.

I would have to say that the lack of confrontation came from the visual appearance of my firearm. What do you think?
    Cool Story Bro...Tell It Again!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel

No way he could've taken it. He's not a 5 year old girl.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany

Tha "staggering stink eye" is shootin offense around here!

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield

Yes because we all know that 5 year olds can take guns from grown men, Hasn't officer M-A-X-E-Y taught you anything?!?!

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I didn't even think about posting what happened until we were home and my wife and I were talking about it and she said I handled it well by not provoking him; this is when I said "Hey! I'm going to post about it." We got a good laugh about it.

Top Bottom