• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I just recently returned from a vacation to the New England states. As part of our visit, I insisted on going to Lexington and Concord as I am very interested in actually seeing some of the places that we talk about so much at Appleseed Shoots. So, here I was, getting ready to enter a building that we had chosen to tour and I happen to see this:

picture.php

No problem to me at the moment, because having checked ahead of travel, I knew that Massechusetts did not honor my LTCH and grudgingly complied, leaving my sidearm locked, unloaded in our vehicle while inside that state.
    However, on second reflection, I was overcome with this thought:

picture.php

I wonder if the people who posted this have any effing clue how stupid it looks on this window?

You see, this notice was posted on the outside of this building:

picture.php

Which just happens to be located in Battle Road National Park. A park Dedicated to the History of the Battles of Lexington, Concord, and the ensuing battle given by the Colonists whilst the British Regular Army was retreating back to Boston from their failed mission to confiscate the powder and arms stored by the Colonists.

Just thought that this deserved a mention in the 2A Forum. Since it's in obvious violation of both the memory of why and what RTKBA is all about.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Kinda sad really when you see something like that and then reflect back to that time in history :rolleyes:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    This is a failure of Massachusetts and not the National Park Service, since firearms are allowed in all NPS properties as long as this conforms to state law. This sign appears to cite Federal law, and is, I believe, no longer valid.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    This is a failure of Massachusetts and not the National Park Service, since firearms are allowed in all NPS properties as long as this conforms to state law. This sign appears to cite Federal law, and is, I believe, no longer valid.

Personally, IIRC the 2nd says "The right of the people..Shall not be infringed"....Not, 'Shall not be infringed, except in the state of MA' I see this as a failing on a national level, not just the state.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :(
    Oh so sad that the tears, sweat, blood and lives our founding fathers gave for us has been for nothing.

constitution_1787.jpg

If you look at most of the original 13 colonies they are perhaps the worse 2A offenders at this time. :rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    That the following is true and enforced is a crap situation, but you might want to know:

Actually, if you are in Massachusetts, and are in possession (they have a very loose interpretation of this, too) of a gun (loaded or not), ammo, or even an ammo component like a single piece of empty .22 brass, MA state law makes you a felon unless you have a Massachusetts-issued permit.

They also disregard federal laws protecting transport of unloaded weapons when just passing through, so you might want to edit your post in consideration of your Fifth Amendment right to not incriminate yourself.

As I said before, the fact that this is considered enforceable law in that particular state is total bull**** on their part, but OP could conceivably be in legal jeopardy for his unedited post.

If you change it, PM me, and I will remove any specifics in this post

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Close, they are allowed on NPS property, but not in most buildings.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    That the following is true and enforced is a crap situation, but you might want to know:

Actually, if you are in Massachusetts, and are in possession (they have a very loose interpretation of this, too) of a gun (loaded or not), ammo, or even an ammo component like a single piece of empty .22 brass, MA state law makes you a felon unless you have a Massachusetts-issued permit.

They also disregard federal laws protecting transport of unloaded weapons when just passing through, so you might want to edit your post in consideration of your Fifth Amendment right to not incriminate yourself.

As I said before, the fact that this is considered enforceable law in that particular state is total bull**** on their part, but OP could conceivably be in legal jeopardy for his unedited post.

If you change it, PM me, and I will remove any specifics in this post

Just one more reason to get your State Rep to support HB 822, National Reciprocity Act, and stop all this nonsense. None of the Amendments in the Bill of Rights are States Rights issues. They are to be applied equally to all Citizens, regardless of the particular State they reside or travel within.

I'll stand by what I said, and stand by what I did. They can send a SWAT Team to my door to arrest me if they like. :D I was NOT in violation of Federal Law. I did not spend a single night in that state. New Hampshire was my bivoac location. "Live Free or Die". No one there had any issue with my sidearm what so ever. :rockwoot:

OH Yeah: Just remembered the supposed GOP front runner, Mi[STRIKE]tt[/STRIKE]stake Romney formerly presided over that mess too. Hmmmmm

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    At one time, the musket carried by Captain John Parker on Lexington Green was on the wall of the Massachusetts state Senate.

In compliance with state law, it was fitted with a trigger lock.

Thankfully, this is no longer the case.

Blessings,
    Bill

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just one more reason to get your State Rep to support HB 822, National Reciprocity Act, and stop all this nonsense. None of the Amendments in the Bill of Rights are States Rights issues. They are to be applied equally to all Citizens, regardless of the particular State they reside or travel within.

We don't need another law to get back our rights! We need all the idiot politicians in DC and state capitals to STOP ignoring what is already in our Bill of Rights. ...SHALL NOT INFRINGE.. :xmad: Don't know how plain English they don't understand! Perhaps we should just deport them all since they can't understand PLAIN ENGLISH!!!!

I'll stand by what I said, and stand by what I did. They can send a SWAT Team to my door to arrest me if they like. :D I was NOT in violation of Federal Law. I did not spend a single night in that state. New Hampshire was my bivoac location. "Live Free or Die". No one there had any issue with my sidearm what so ever. :rockwoot:
    When they send SWAT you do realize that you won't be making it out alive due to SWAT's current track record right. :D

[/QUOTE]
    OH Yeah: Just remembered the supposed GOP front runner, Mi[STRIKE]tt[/STRIKE]stake Romney formerly presided over that mess too. Hmmmmm[/QUOTE]

33.gif
    that idiot! He is just like all the rest of them on both the R and D side. They are all a bunch of
    33.gif
    33.gif
    liars! Same
    33.gif
    cat just in different colors. None of them really care about the USA. I seriously think I'm ust not going to vote next time around.

At one time, the musket carried by Captain John Parker on Lexington Green was on the wall of the Massachusetts state Senate.

In compliance with state law, it was fitted with a trigger lock.

Thankfully, this is no longer the case.

Blessings,
    Bill

EPIC FAIL!!!! :faint: I did read about that. :rolleyes:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    When they send SWAT you do realize that you won't be making it out alive due to SWAT's current track record right. :D
    :

Believe me, there will no kicking in my doors. They'll have to hit me Branch Davidian style if they want in. Bring on the M60 tracked battering ram!
    I'll even make them coffee and send out for doughnuts. :D

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Funny huh? 200+ years ago the colonists fought to keep their guns and ammo from being taken, and themselves being disarmed, but the state of Mass, did it without a wimper....If I owned S&W I would move all my stuff, and employees to a free state!

Top Bottom