• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rbadger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Auburn, IN
    Ok did I miss the memo? Did the zombie apocalypse start without me? I went to 5 (yes 5) different places today. In AUburn,IN I went to Bieber's shot and sinker, Dunham's Sports, Wal-Mart, Mile Corner gun store,and The Angler in Helmer,IN. What was I looking for you may ask? Oh just ONE lousy box of .22LR ammunition so I could go get some shooting in this weekend. I knew not to expect any .45 ACP ammo but damn even .22? All 5 places were COMPLETELY empty of .22LR/ .45ACP/ 9MM/ .40S&W/ and of course .223. The guy at Mile Corner told me it was a 2 month wait minimum on ANY of the above mentioned calibers. WTF?

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Uhh, .22 is arguably the most common caliber in the United States. Also the cheapest, therefore the most likely to be stockpiled.

Winner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Louisville Kentucky
    Same way in Kentucky, everywhere I go.I have thought about buying calibers I couldn't shoot just to trade.Most places have a two or three box limit and Shooter's Supply won't sell you any unless you buy a gun.

Rbadger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Auburn, IN
    Yes I am surprised. I am 38 years old. I have been through the Brady bill and every other gun scare since somewhere around 1980. And not once in all that time have I been UNABLE to buy ammo for a dang .22
    Handgun and .223 ammo I expected. Not this.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    As a reloader, 22 rimfire is the only ammo I am being cautious about shooting, right now. I've never worried about stockpiling it because it has always been available. It just shows how absurd the madness is, right now. The demand for a few rounds is so high that it is reducing how much of other stuff is getting produced, and the insanity is bleeding over to other rounds that are NOT part of the ridiculous proposals in Washington. What makes it worse is those proposals will likely come to little or nothing, yet we still have fellow gun-owners creating this situation we are in right now.

I wouldn't blame liberal democrats for investing heavily in gun and ammo companies. :-/

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Ok did I miss the memo? Did the zombie apocalypse start without me? I went to 5 (yes 5) different places today. In AUburn,IN I went to Bieber's shot and sinker, Dunham's Sports, Wal-Mart, Mile Corner gun store,and The Angler in Helmer,IN. What was I looking for you may ask? Oh just ONE lousy box of .22LR ammunition so I could go get some shooting in this weekend. I knew not to expect any .45 ACP ammo but damn even .22? All 5 places were COMPLETELY empty of .22LR/ .45ACP/ 9MM/ .40S&W/ and of course .223. The guy at Mile Corner told me it was a 2 month wait minimum on ANY of the above mentioned calibers. WTF?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkyskI13KOs[/ame]

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    I was at my local Walmart yesterday and swung through sporting goods. Only ammo was .243, .270, 30-06, and 20ga shotgun shells. I have never seen their shelves that bare before. I was at a LGS this morning and they had a good supply but were running short on .22lr. They had CCI mini-mags for $9.99/100, velocitors, and standard velocity as well. They limited sales to one brick per customer. They also had plenty of other calibers including .223, 9mm, and 45 at not so bad prices considering todays market.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I did find bulk pack 22 at a store two weeks ago. There 20 on the shelf (@ 19.99 each) I picked up two and was informed that there was a 1 box limit. Bought 1, went home and changed clothes, picked up the wife and kids and headed back. I bought 1 more, wife bought 1.

I Did post it on the ammo sticky thread after I bought the first box.

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    PM me with the quanity you are looking for and i might be able to help you out, i'm in your "area". I have a decent stash and would be willing to help a fellow shooter out if your not looking for too much.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I bought 4000 rds at a Walmart in Nevada when I was out there for SHOT. It was the only non Golden Bullet I've seen in months.....

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I can undersstand the shelves being empty due to all the panic buying. I don't understand the long lead times for restocking those shelves.

The ammo companies are still churning out ammo every day, right? Somebody has to be taking delivery of the tens of thousands of 22LR being made every day.......And that is just one caliber.

Somebody has to be buying it all up.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom