• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    So I guess I'm saying that all gun owners should be shooters. If you are not what's the point?

Some people just like doing mechanical things, eg more into gun smithing and experimenting with reloads as a hobby. For some people the gun is a tool or ends to a means, eg taking a deer or two every year and keeping the yotes away. Some people look at them as other investments that they can sell off later to fund their retirement. Some people just like to horse trade at gun shows. Some just enjoy hanging out at the local gun shop. Some need them for their employment, but have no interest in them.

I don't think any of those reasons are wrong, and there is a point. It's not my point, or your point, but there is a point.

I enjoy shoping at a gun store as much as I do a clothing store. Shopping is shopping and I hate it I want to get in and out and have no desire to spend time window shopping. I hate reloading (but do it because I get more SHOOTING for my $). I've only been to two gun shows, some 10 years ago now. But some people dig that stuff. ok.

I do like building and tinkering, and have a couple of guns for no other reason than I wanted to build them, or had the spare parts, etc.

I mostly hang with "shooters" with my participation in competition. but I have family that's definately described above, and would just as easily ask "whats the point?" at what you or I do.

-rvb

Last edited:
    Top Bottom