• ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Hey guys if you read my last post regarding my question with full length guide rods then you would have seen that I mentioned about getting a Springfield Loaded..well I am still debating on which 1911 to get and someone suggested a Kimber Custom II. I have been doing up some reading and I saw both the Custom II and Custom II TLE. I just wanted to ask what are the major differences between the two guns? From what I can tell the TLE is different by having checkering on the front strap and it stands for "Tactile Law Enforcement". I assume that is a nod to the LAPD swat team using Kimbers as their sidearm.. but I can't tell if there is any other major difference between the two guns?

Also how would you say this particular Kimber performs compared to the Springfield Loaded series?

john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I dont think there are any major differences besides the general look and about $200. I also cant compare to the springfield, however I can tell you I bought a Kimber Custom Stainless II back in 2003 and I still shoot it all the time. It may be my favorite pistol.

1911 nut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Nothwest In.
    Checkered frontstrap is the only dif. My nod goes to the Springer 4 using all steel parts unlike the Kimber that has a plastic mainspring housing and MIM internal parts

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Mepro night sights are standard on the TLE II.... I love my TLE II, its the only series II Kimber that I now own, the rest are pre series II. And after the last SAInc 1911 fiasco I sold off both of them.

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    Yep, front strap checkering and night sights are the only difference. I have on in stainless and love it. My blued classic was put through the ringer and never had a hiccup after COUNTLESS rounds. So, I've never had any problems with MIM parts. I like the idea that that the Kimber is made in the good 'ol U.S. of A. and not Brazil or the Phillipines. (I am not knocking those guns of the individuals that own them)

Top Bottom