• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I suppose I'll never understand the obsession for lube types and all that. A gun is one of the easiest things to lube around. There no less than hundreds of potential oils and greases from Crisco to Mobil 1 to coconut oil that will all do a pretty reasonable job of lubing your firearm.

That said, none of them is as good as this super-secret amazing gun lube I am developing. Anyone want to try some?

While I'm in "product development' I'm just sticking with Lubriplate 105 and occasionally some high temp synthetic NLGI #2 grease (from Redline Oil, a racing lube company).

:)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    TW-25b on my metal frame guns. The right grease prevents frame rail wear much better than any oil on Sigs.

CLP or Lucas on most everything else.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    That said, none of them is as good as this super-secret amazing gun lube I am developing. Anyone want to try some?
    Only if it costs about $25 per ounce. Any gun lube cheaper than that must not be worth using.

Oops, where's the purple font?

While I'm in "product development' I'm just sticking with Lubriplate 105 and occasionally some high temp synthetic NLGI #2 grease (from Redline Oil, a racing lube company).
    Redline is good stuff. I used to be a dealer for them. It was fun to watch the looks on guys' faces when the RPM on their engines increased after a simple oil change to Redline. That said, their grease is probably no better or worse for a gun than any other NLGI 2 grease.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I use Tetra on all my guns. Rifles, pistols, shotguns, center or rim fire. I am interested in trying Battle Born gun grease, if I ever find some locally.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1911s--something heavy. I think I have Lucas now. Kellube rocks too.

Ruger 22/45s--something light. I use Singer sewing machine oil. Yes, really.

Glock--use whatever, just lube it up and then wipe 99.1% of it off.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I used to use Tetra on all of my pistols, but I've kind of gotten away from it. For the most part I'll use a little break free or something similar in cleaning followed by some CLP and or Ballistol. Then I spray them up with some Ballistol in key areas and put them back together. For my rifles it's Ballistol and Lucas gun oil especially on BCGs and or bolts and lugs. I've learned to like it quiet a bit, especially on suppressed guns for whatever reason.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Light film of CLP on metal stuff. High friction places like rails and barrel hoods I put a little Lucas oil on. So far so good.

boman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    indianapolis
    Does anyone use Eds Red?

I do--for cleaning. Made up several gallons for cleaning my machineguns yrs ago and still use it for general cleaning. I've got about a quart left.

lube with lsa mediun, mobil 1 or hightem wheel bearing grease

Top Bottom