• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yote69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Logansport
    There is nothing wrong with a Glock. Others on here are absolutely correct, shoot a few to see what you like and dislike about different guns and make an informed decision. I like to buy "slightly used" whenever possible since it will save you some cash upfront and lose very little on resale/trade.

gunfreak6989

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    i agree it is all personal preference, but next time you see the person that that said glocks are from the dollar store ask him why glock pistols are the MOST carried handgun by law enforcement personel in the country. I trust my life to my glock 19 and i would bet all that i posses on its reliability. :)

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Ok I soon will be a first time hand gun buyer before the end of the year.
    I am kinda shopping/looking around and seeing what I think I would like.

I have heard about the GLOCK series of hand gun. It seems to be famous.

Now a friend of mine told me they are not a good gun and compared a glock to gun you would buy at a dollar store versus other guns youd buy at a premium shop.

I have no experience really with a glock.

Can any experienced people post WHY or WHY not a glock is better than any other gun?

I'm going to stray off topic a bit here and say that before you choose a brand of pistol, choose a safety class, a gun range that rents pistols and find a mentor that will teach you basic firearm safety.

Each brand has it's own pros and cons, you'll figure that out in time. Knowing how to safely handle a pistol will help ensure that you have time to figure it out.

That being said, Glock is a fine pistol. It may or may not be right for you, only you can figure that out once you acquire more personal experience. Glock is reliable, used by military and police agencies and has great re-sale value.

There are definitely other options out there that you would be well served to explore before buying your 1st handgun.

Congratulations on your impending purchase and take all opinions with a grain of salt, including mine. :)

Top Bottom