• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Hey Ingo, I have a Super 1050... I load on it enough to know its a great press. With this press, I have the following quick swaps: 9mm, 38 super, 45acp, 223, and 300blk.

When I bought the press, I also bought a 550 for working up loads and quick changes on all of the above calibers plus a 357 swap.

After looking it over some years later, it made no sense to keep the 550 as I was not using it any longer. I ended up trading the 550 and all parts straight up for a RL 1050 in 357. I thought this trade made sense so recently, I made the trade and decided to keep 1 loader set in large primer and one in small primer.

As of today, I have yet to mess around with the RL, but I do know its from the late 90s. The press is fine and does not look abused at all... Here is my issue... I did not know the tool heads were a little different on the machines.

My questions are...
    Does it make more sense to set up the Super press for large primer 45acp (and possibly 308 down the line) as well as use it to process 223/300blk brass and then set the RL for small primer and utilize it for the other calibers? If I do this, I will need to get the parts to make the tool heads work on the RL as they are currently all set for the Super press.

or

Does it make more sense to sell the RL and buy just buy another Super 1050? I can potentially sell the RL and buy a used super for essentially the same price.

In the past I have been told the RL is actually a better made machine, and many handgun loaders like it for pistol calibers more than the Super.

Also... can you guys give me thoughts on what Dillons "refurb" deal is for 1050's? I have always been under the impression that they will not rebuild the press? Today I was told by several different people that if you send it in, they will do it? Not sure I buy it, but figured someone here could confirm this.

Can you guys assist in addressing both the questions!

Top Bottom