• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Getting ready to click the buy button on a Dillon 600 Super Swage. It seems to be the best solution I have found from my internet research. Anybody have any input on this tool? Is it the one?

Thanks

Uncle Chan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2016
    Colfax
    I have one and although I use it an like it, I've learned that a couple turns of an RCBS chamfer tool in the pocket is not only quicker but does a better job. That's not to say you shouldn't get one. I'm just saying that my 600 has been relegated to the space under the bench more than on the bench. And, I can do the crimp removal with the chamfer tool while I'm out watching TV.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    It's the Shizzle, I'll say it again...... It's the Shizzle..
    Money well spent.. Maybe Uncle Chan will sell you his for half price ??

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    It's the Shizzle, I'll say it again...... It's the Shizzle..
    Money well spent.. Maybe Uncle Chan will sell you his for half price ??

Get out of my head!

I have one and although I use it an like it, I've learned that a couple turns of an RCBS chamfer tool in the pocket is not only quicker but does a better job. That's not to say you shouldn't get one. I'm just saying that my 600 has been relegated to the space under the bench more than on the bench. And, I can do the crimp removal with the chamfer tool while I'm out watching TV.

Perhaps you would like to sell yours Uncle Chan?

mac45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2008
    Have one and like it......but
    RCBS has one now that has a horizontal stroke vs the vertical stroke of the Dillon
    Primer Pocket Swager - Bench Tool - RCBS
    Looks like it might be easier to use if you prefer to sit at your bench.
    Never used one, but I would have thought about it if it had been out when I got the Dillon.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Have one and like it......but
    RCBS has one now that has a horizontal stroke vs the vertical stroke of the Dillon
    Primer Pocket Swager - Bench Tool - RCBS
    Looks like it might be easier to use if you prefer to sit at your bench.
    Never used one, but I would have thought about it if it had been out when I got the Dillon.

I did look at that one. My first thought was about hitting my knuckles on the bench top. I'm likely to mount this device on a board and clamp it to my bench, I'm thinking that the vertical force from the Dillon will be easier to control than the sideways force from the RCBS.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Went with the Dillon. I liked the fact that the case is supported from the inside, instead of holding to the rim at the base.

Thanks Bobcat for taking my order, I wish everybody shipped as fast as you did... I'm off to swage a bucket of brass.

OHOIAN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2014
    NE OHIO
    I got mine as a Christmas present form my best friend about 20 years ago. Works great, but I’m glad I didn’t have to pay for it. I only use it for small primers and don’t even remember how to convert to large primers. Never had the need.

Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    CH4D Swage Kit is the way to go ! I've done thousands and thousands of military cases with it......

I second that... Their customer service is awesome as well. I throw that in my RCBS prep press and swage away! I have the Super Swage as well, but actually find the CH4D faster once set up correctly. I like both. Can't go wrong with either and the CH4D is cheaper.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    With a couple thousand .223 through it, I have found a rhythm, and run through the casings pretty fast. I can see how the CH4D could be a bit faster to use, what I like about the stand alone tool is that it's always ready to go. This way I can use the single stage press to size and deprime until I get tired of that, then switch to trimming for a while. Then Swaging for a while. At no time do I need to retool any of my equipment, it's all there ready to go.

Bottom line, I'm happy. Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom