• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bassmatt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    Marshal County
    I am looking at purchasing some Dillon case gages. My question is do I need to purchase the 38spl and the 357mag gages, or can i use the 357 for both. The same question for the 10mm and the 40s&w.
    Thanks,
    Matt

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    You need one for each caliber. The short cases will go into the longer gauges to check diameter, but you loose any indication for Over all length, and seating depth. For .38 and .357, just open the cylinder on your revolver, if they drop in, and the bullets do not hang out the front of the cylinder, all is good.
    Good Luck

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Each to his own..

First off, glad to see you getting the quality Dillon case gauges. I do have some Midway steel case gauges that are starting to rust-the Dillon stainless will not (as fast).

If you have the $, by all means, buy all 4 of the case gauges. If you are on a tight budget, I would buy the longer two (.357Mag.+10MM) first, and add on the other 2 at a later date.

You will find that MOST that fail the case gauge will be close to the rim of the case, from a size problem. YMMV...Bill.

Top Bottom