• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    You guys are 100% correct, I should have bought it form the get go, but I ddint,, the good news is that they don't cost anymore now than they did 6 months ago

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Then you need a RCBS bullet feeder. That will have you rockin' even faster. I'm thinking that's the next thing we're picking up. I use my buddy's 650. I feed the bullets and keep the other components filled. He's the handle monkey. We can run it pretty fast that way. That bullet feeder looks like a great add on though.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I just want to ask a stupid question. Do you guy's that use a case feeder inspect the brass before you load it into the case loader? I have a 550B so I don't think I could use a case loader with it anyways, but I inspect the brass before I put it into the first station. I am not usually in a hurry when reloading so time isn't an issue. I was just wondering and don't mean anything bad with this post. Sorry for the derail.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I do check my brass for the primer size in my .45, which is all i load right now, because sometimes I get the small primers in the blazer brass, and I check the inside of he bras to make sure nothing is inside he brass, bu I do all of this after I clean it and count it, then bag it, then i dump it in without concern.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I do check my brass for the primer size in my .45, which is all i load right now, because sometimes I get the small primers in the blazer brass, and I check the inside of he bras to make sure nothing is inside he brass, bu I do all of this after I clean it and count it, then bag it, then i dump it in without concern.

Good information there, thank you. I like your process you have for inspecting the brass and using the case loader. I bought the 550B because I usually have time to reload the amount my wife and I shoot without any problems but am always open to an upgrade if things change. :D

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    It is pretty easy to tell when you get to a small primer 45. The primer will not seat with regular pressure. I find it to feel completely different than a crimped pocket and pull the brass accordingly.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Yeah, I can tell pretty quick

On another note, I ordered the RCBS Bullet Die and plan on making a clear gravity tube so I can load 10-15 or more bullets into the tube, and then let the die load the bullet into the case....:yesway:

This way, I can drop bullets every 10 or so cycles instead of positioning the bullet on each casing during each cycle:rockwoot:

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Yeah, I can tell pretty quick

On another note, I ordered the RCBS Bullet Die and plan on making a clear gravity tube so I can load 10-15 or more bullets into the tube, and then let the die load the bullet into the case....:yesway:

This way, I can drop bullets every 10 or so cycles instead of positioning the bullet on each casing during each cycle:rockwoot:

I personally think that would be slower. Do you have a bullet tray?

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    what dies do you use? do you bell your case?

The more you flare your case, the less precise your bullet placement needs to be.
    And assuming you are running Dillon dies (with the KICK-A$$ belling on their dies) it will seat it and remove the flare as long as the bullet isn't perpendicular.

Last edited:

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    :hooked:

37ad8d5c.jpg

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    RCBS will not sell me a Bullet Die Guide, because they don't want people making DIY bullet feeders. That's just Crazy, they should not sell the die if they are going to sell you the Guide, or put a disclaimer on the Bullet Die.

Now they've done it, I will make my own Bullet Guide, and I wont be shy about sharing my solution either....:xmad:

Top Bottom