• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 380guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Finally! After 4 weeks of waiting my Dillon Square Deal B is on its way. Got right through to Dillon tonight (was on hold for a bit but got right through) and Dave said it was shipped out 2 days ago and should see it any day now. Cant wait to get reading and reloading. Only thing missing is more spp. Sitting on 1k but that goes quick.

kingpin1779

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    near covington
    sqare deal

i have two sdb ,one set up for small primers and one for large primers. these are very good presses and you cant beat dillons warranty. good reloading .

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    I stopped reloading about 2 years ago, and am now wishing I still had my equipment. Congrats on the Dillon, I have had nothing but good service from them.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I had a SDB set up for 45ACP. It was a great piece of equipment never failed me. I sold off a lot of equipment a few years back after retiring and relocating.

380guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It JUST came via Fed-Ex. Its a lot smaller than I thought it would be. I also got the vib., media and tumbler with it. I've already read through the manual twice but cant find the recipe for the powder I already bought, I know Hornady has it in there book, oh well gives me an excuse to visit this gun shop,lol. Cant wait til' warmer weather to clean out and transform my garage to my new reloading room.

380guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    My 550 came last month. Now if I only had more components...

I know, I only have 1000 spp so what the point right now,lol. I have thousands of 380 and 40 casings coming, all kinds of bullets but noooooo spp :dunno:

380guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I know, I only have 1000 spp so what the point right now,lol. I have thousands of 380 and 40 casings coming, all kinds of bullets but noooooo spp :dunno:

Well I shouldn't say whats the point, I just hate practicing being of first time reloader when spp are non existent right now. I'm not even going to start re loading until spring time any ways.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Bought Clay Universal and going to be reloading primarily 380 auto but also .40 s&w

Hodgdon makes a "Clays" powder and a "Universal" powder. You got one of those?

Clays is pretty fast for 380 and 40S&W, while Universal is a pretty good choice. I'm a big fan of Power Pistol because of the load density and versatility it offers.

380guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hodgdon makes a "Clays" powder and a "Universal" powder. You got one of those?

Clays is pretty fast for 380 and 40S&W, while Universal is a pretty good choice. I'm a big fan of Power Pistol because of the load density and versatility it offers.

Its Universal "with Clays technology" or so it says,lol

380guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I have one other question for those with multiple SDB dies. How do I set up my .40 cal on the additional tool head. There was nothing in the manual or on line, Ive been on the comp. all day trying to find out how to set up additional dies. I would think there would be tolerances like the bullet seating depth. Any help would be great.

Top Bottom