• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I know Dillon presses used to retain 90 percent of their purchase price. Is that still the case in this weird market we have today?

With increasing prices I would like to cash out and be done with the sport. Have a virtually new XL650 with all the Dillon add on stuff.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'm not sure with the 90% but they certainly hold value very well over the years.
    Post what you have and see. If I was going to clean out Dillon equipment I would post most of it separately for a bigger audience and better money.

Waldog

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2024
    Southeast Indiana
    I bought a used Dillon Square Deal about 2 year ago for $250. It was complete with original box. It was an older version and needed an upgraded spent primer cup and (I think) upgraded powder measure activation linkage. Ebay prices are insane. I've seen used Dillon presses sell for MORE than new. I guess it's how desperate you are.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Yes, Dillon retains a very large % of their original price. My experience is that usually the retention is in the 75-80% range; however, 90% or more does appear now and then.
    My complaint is that Dillon has gotten a little too full of itself with the prices of their current equipment and accessories.
    It is what it is. :spend:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yes, Dillon retains a very large % of their original price. My experience is that usually the retention is in the 75-80% range; however, 90% or more does appear now and then.
    My complaint is that Dillon has gotten a little too full of itself with the prices of their current equipment and accessories.
    I'm not going to boast and say , that I beat up an attorney and bought a Dillon from him for about 50% of what it sold for new, not long ago. I should be ashamed...

Waldog

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2024
    Southeast Indiana
    Not going to defend Dillon, even though I have a Square Deal. I'm a die hard Hornady Progressive LNL fan. LOL!! Dillon raises their prices 10-20% percent every January. I agree they are a little too full of itself, but the prices might have something to do with their guaranteed for life, free parts and replacements. Many, MANY people have bought used, rusty, broken Dillon presses and sent them in for rehab, generally for shipping only. I did it myself when I bought the Square Deal. So, I suspect that's where some of the cost is added. Of course, maybe Dillon management is taking note of how powder and primer companies are sticking it to the consumer as well.

As far as doing something to attorneys, you are my hero!!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Not going to defend Dillon, even though I have a Square Deal. I'm a die hard Hornady Progressive LNL fan. LOL!! Dillon raises their prices 10-20% percent every January. I agree they are a little too full of itself, but the prices might have something to do with their guaranteed for life, free parts and replacements. Many, MANY people have bought used, rusty, broken Dillon presses and sent them in for rehab, generally for shipping only. I did it myself when I bought the Square Deal. So, I suspect that's where some of the cost is added. Of course, maybe Dillon management is taking note of how powder and primer companies are sticking it to the consumer as well.

As far as doing something to attorneys, you are my hero!!
    Dillon has always been expensive, but Mike put 4,5 and 8 station machines in the regular reloading room at affordable prices for what you get.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Alright dudes. Thank you for the Intell. Maybe give Bobcat Armament a call too. He purchased my used Square Deal and upgraded me to the new 650. He may buy it all back. Lots to mull over right now.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Alright dudes. Thank you for the Intell. Maybe give Bobcat Armament a call too. He purchased my used Square Deal and upgraded me to the new 650. He may buy it all back. Lots to mull over right now.
    If you want to sell it quick shoot me a pm with pics of what comes with it and what Bobcat offered you of it all.

Top Bottom