• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mech45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    NWI
    There expensive but for loading lots of ammo the Dillon RF-100 is the hot setup. They don't use the original primer tubes but one that comes with the filler. You can buy a kit that allows you to convert from one size to the other but I didn't have very good luck with it. I now have one for each, you can't load a 100 rounds on a 650 faster then the RF-100 can fill it's tube with primers.

Chris

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I bought one from a member, and it works great for me. There is a learning curve, and I had to make some "adjustments" to mine to make it work well. It is reliable and I have not had any issues with inverted primers.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Never heard of it, but it sounds interesting. The only gripe I have about my 550B is stopping to take the time to fill the primer tube. It'd be nice if we could just dump the primers in something and go.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    That's the only gripe I have with Winchester primers is their upside down when put on the priming tray so I'm forced to do the shake rattle and roll to get them upright to pick them up with the tube.

The Wolf primers are the correct orientation so I just put them on the tray and start picking them up with the tube right away.

I loaded up 1,000 rounds yesterday and actually timed myself on how long it takes to load up a single tube. The average was 45 seconds so I'm satisfied with that.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just get yourself 10-12 tubes and spend 15 minutes filling them before a session. Then you're good for 1000+ rounds.

I've always thought that primers were one step in the process I really wanted control over. I want to SEE them go in the tube the right way, even if it takes me 3 minutes to fill it.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I spent a lot of time watching my the Dillon filler work before I trusted it to fill without supervision. It has 2 different systems to guard against inverted primers. I have run about 5000 primers from different manufacturers through mine in the last couple of months and have had no issues. Filling the tubes by hand is not only tedious, but it makes my hands really sore...yes I am getting old.

Top Bottom