• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    I like the Dillon mainly because it's a bench unit you can dump them in and work on other things. There happens to be one in the classifieds for sale, I think they wanted $200ish for it.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Thanks Sean, I missed that. I also just sent him a PM that I would take it. Guess I need to order the conversion for it now to do small primers.

Sean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Anytime $200 is a bit easier to justify than $325, I wish they'd include the conversion kit with the unit.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I would love to see a review on the vibra prime

I'm with you I need something also

The couple I found were mixed. One said best thing since sliced bread. Another said not worth the time. I bought the Dillon since I got a good deal on it. I'll report back after I use it one whether it was worth the investment. I had to order the conversion for small primers from Dillon. Hopefully it won't take long to get them both here and going.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I have been using a Vibra Prime for several months now and I'm happy with the results. Their is a technique that once you learn it it works very good. Every once in a while the primers tend to turn sideways instead dropping in the tube. I found if you didn't let the next primer in line hit the one trying to drop in the tube it won't flip sideways and if it does just tap on the top of pistol grip with your fingers until it drops in the tube. Not a big deal.
    I would guess it is 2 to 3 times as fast as the pecking method but will help you keep your sanity instead of chasing primers around with a pick up tube.

Mech45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    NWI
    I have the Dillon and it will fill a tube faster then I can reload a hundred rounds on my 650. It can be finicky about primers, if the anvil is on the high side they will jam up the works. I haven't had any problems with Winchester, CCI or Federal just Remington. I got the conversion for my original primer filler but as much as I go back and forth in primer sizes between press's I ended up buying another one. When you swap between primer sizes it can take some tweaking to get them to run right. HTH

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Let's hope they don't mind S&B primers since I have 40k to load with them. ;) Back right when things started getting stupid I couldn't get Winchesters. (what I always use) So I bought 2 cases (66K) S&B primers @ $28 /1K. Although they work fine I still prefer Winchesters. Hopefully Winchesters will start being available in 5K boxes again sometime in this life. Preferably at $30 or less again.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have an older Vibra Prime. There is a little learning curve regarding technique, but not really a problem. I use both the Vibra Prime loading tubes and Dillon tubes. The Dillon tubes have to be held in place on my old unit, but I see that the newer units have a "universal" adapter. I'm a very happy Vibra Prime owner.

Top Bottom