• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 380guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I ordered a Square Deal B press this week and wanted to see what they recommend for powder and 25-30 tries to call them I gave up! Cant wait to get started

gabrigger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Wayne County
    Dillon will recommend that you use ball powders in their powder measure due to better metering. As for the specific powder, consult your reloading manual.

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    The other guys gave you good advice as far as what powder. As far as contacting Dillon, I finally got a hold of them by calling their non-toll free number instead of the 1-800. And then set on hold for several minutes before getting to talk to someone.

They are like everyone else in the business, busy as all heck. The guy told me they couldn't fill my parts order because they couldn't even get enough parts to build machines.

380guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    The other guys gave you good advice as far as what powder. As far as contacting Dillon, I finally got a hold of them by calling their non-toll free number instead of the 1-800. And then set on hold for several minutes before getting to talk to someone.

They are like everyone else in the business, busy as all heck. The guy told me they couldn't fill my parts order because they couldn't even get enough parts to build machines.

Yes great advice and thank you guys. I did order a Lyman reloading manual that Dillon recommended and will ship with my press. Hopefully they have enough parts to put mine together,lol. Should get everything next week, keeping fingers crossed.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    Go to Brian Enos's web site and you can find what powders he recommends for the Dillon machines. He has a specific list of the ones that meter good.

Have fun with your new machine!

ddsuperglide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Mishawaka
    dillons sales department

I recently tried for 3 days to reach Dillon, held for 30 min each day and never spoke to anyone. I also found the local number and got an answer, he told me he would try to help me since the sales department had 28 calls holding. They couldnt find my order that was 3 week old. I was told that they had a pile of orders that was a foot high that hadnt been entered yet. Thankfully it was ordered through Bran Enos and i contacted him and he got a tracking number and it arrived 2 days later. Hopefully they will get caught up soon.

Top Bottom