• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jwmeador

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Franklin
    I'm Looking for some ideas to retain my suppressor to barrel a little better while shooting. I can really crank it on the barrel, but i still don't quite trust it. It came loose a few times in the past

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I would think teflon tape would melt. I never had the issue with mine, but non permanent locktite would tense it up, then I would last a while on the threads going on and off. Never tired myself.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    So medium grade loctite would be an option? I really don't plan on removing it much once i get my gas system adjusted

I wouldn't use red by any means, but I've used blue on bolts I wanted to hold well but still be removable. I'll be shooting next Wednesday, I'll give this a try On my 9mm with AAC Tirant and report back results if you want a ghinni pig first!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Have you contacted the manufacturer of your can and see what they recommend??

Jwmeador

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Franklin
    Yes. I contacted thunderbeast and they said a lockwasher would do it. However I have heard that you shouldn't use lockwashers and crushwashers with a suppressor. So im looking for some other ideas to try.

Jwmeador

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Franklin
    I wouldn't use red by any means, but I've used blue on bolts I wanted to hold well but still be removable. I'll be shooting next Wednesday, I'll give this a try On my 9mm with AAC Tirant and report back results if you want a ghinni pig first!

I would try this myself but my Gun is at the smith right now. I should have it back next week. If i get it back early in the week ill run it hard with some blue locktite and see what happens and ill let ya know

Top Bottom