• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I thought when they went together was when the headbutt was, then the guy stepped back with his hands down... I went and looked up the whole thing on youtube... yea. bigtime douche move.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The headbutt that prompted it was worse. At least Mayweather hit him with his gloves.

EDIT: Big -1 for the way he talked to Larry Merchant after the fight. What a punk.

Last edited:

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    The headbutt that prompted it was worse. At least Mayweather hit him with his gloves.

EDIT: Big -1 for the way he talked to Larry Merchant after the fight. What a punk.

THIS. In every conceivable way. Ortiz was incensed that no matter what he did, he couldn't hit Mayweather in any meaningful way. I watched the fight twice, and watched the exchange where Ortiz butted him several times (DVR). There is no way on earth that headbutt was an accident. Ortiz took a chance that he would be able to get the headbutt in and disorient Floyd. It failed in every possible way. First, it didn't disorient Floyd at all, second, the ref caught him, and deducted a point. You don't headbutt a man intentionally in the mouth, especially one so protective of his face as Floyd Mayweather, and not expect some sort of rebuke. Ortiz came back out still trying to apologize and Floyd leveled him. Ortiz bought that defeat with a headbutt, and paid for it with his belt. He owns the outcome of that fight.

As for the way Floyd talked to Larry Merchant, I found it very disenchanting. I'm a fan of Mayweather in the ring, but he is not exactly a person of high character. But then, I don't watch him having tea parties. I watch him boxing. Everyone knows Floyd is an arrogant man, with little or no respect for anyone but himself. So his demeanor as it was with respect to Mr Merchant, himself a ringside legend, horrible as it was, it isn't unexpected.

Long and short of it, Had Ortiz not let emotion get the better of him, that fight would have continued. However he did let his anger take control, and he paid for it. Lessons hard learned are not soon forgotten. As it was Mayweather was winning that fight. It was still early on though, perhaps if he had held his temper just a while longer he would have seen if the age gap would have panned out in his favor. Myself, I had predicted Mayweather by unanimous decision. Ortiz came to the ring expecting to be able to bully Floyd, and found out fast it wasn't going to work.

The rest is history.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I find Mayweather fights to be the most boring fights in boxing and refuse to watch him box. That bein said, i feal sorry for anyone that paid money to see that

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    To each their own Z.A. I like him because like it or not he's a very clever fighter and a great tactician in the ring. I enjoy the brawling fights too. Morales vs Cano was decent, even if it was an old man vs some unknown Mexican bum. Cano's face got ripped to shreds and he was oozing gushers of red when they threw in the towel. Early in the fught, it looked like Morales was gonna lose to the bum though. Made it interesting.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    To each their own Z.A. I like him because like it or not he's a very clever fighter and a great tactician in the ring. I enjoy the brawling fights too. Morales vs Cano was decent, even if it was an old man vs some unknown Mexican bum. Cano's face got ripped to shreds and he was oozing gushers of red when they threw in the towel. Early in the fught, it looked like Morales was gonna lose to the bum though. Made it interesting.

True ... I just find Mayweather fights boring, i remember the last one there was some red headed puerto rican that had a pretty nice fight. Maybe even Mohammed Alis daughter faught, now theres a woman i wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Canelo Alvarez? He's Mexican. He fought last night as well. That fight I was so disappointed in. The referee stopped it much too early if you ask me. Here's the second half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUrkMBvJCdE

That looks like him, for some reason i thought he was puerto rican, i know he didnt speak much (if any) english but he looked damn good in the ring.

Ref def stopped this one too early, looks like it was/couldve been a good fight

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    That looks like him, for some reason i thought he was puerto rican, i know he didnt speak much (if any) english but he looked damn good in the ring.

Ref def stopped this one too early, looks like it was/couldve been a good fight

No biggie. Us Latinos all look the same anyway

In all seriousness though, it had been a decent fight. It was a slower paced fight, but when the fighters hit, you could tell each shot was a good one, and you could clearly hear the impacts. I got so bent that the bout was stopped after one drive to the ropes like that. There had been nothing showing Gomez was ready to drop before that. He looked winded, but still solid.

Meh. What're ya gonna do?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    True ... I just find Mayweather fights boring, i remember the last one there was some red headed puerto rican that had a pretty nice fight. Maybe even Mohammed Alis daughter faught, now theres a woman i wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of.

there's a joke there.... ;)

Keep your "alternative" lifestyles out of thi thread! :xmad:

....unless you're making movies. :laugh:

Top Bottom