• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    See below for an update--Talon made it right. I just ordered my 4th set of Talon Grips on Thursday. Shortly thereafter, the next day, they emailed an offer of a 4th of July discount of $4 off their normal price of $17.99.

I emailed them asking for the discount on my order, which was my 4th set in a month. (I love the rubberized grips on my Glocks). I received a disappointing email today saying they would not be able to give me the discount.

I'm pretty disappointed in their decision. I still love the grips, but I don't think I was asking much as a loyal and frequent customer. With so many gun and accessory companies showing strong customer service, I honestly can't understand why they couldn't make this simple decision and give me the modest discount.

I like to pass it on when companies do good things, but unfortunately, I don't think they did that here. They have a great product, but I'm not so sure how much they care about their customers.

I guess I could return it when it arrives (postage is cheap) and just order again tomorrow with the discount. That's what really makes no sense about it. I may just keep them and eat it.

Last edited:

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    I understand your feelings. I sent Oxcreek a picture of my belt I just received today and they posted using my picture and has a coupon code for $10 off. Is what it is and I could careless but damn I payed full price. Like a slap in the face.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Wow, that looks like a great belt, too! Giving you the discount is an easy way to build goodwill and cement a good relationship with a customer. I don't know why some of these businesses with great products don't get that. Maybe the great products enable that kind of business practice. I don't think you need an MBA to know how to do this kind of thing well, and it means you care more about a potential customer than one who already bought what you are selling. That makes no business sense, to me.

SpiritClump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2015
    Middlebury
    I know what you guys mean. I've stopped purchasing from certain companies because of their poor customer service. Some companies aren't worried about making loyal customers anymore it seems like. That's why I've always stuck with daltechforce. They always have a coupon code floating around. However, the coupons always make me want to buy more which gets me into trouble sometimes. :)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I've used Talon for a couple of years. I requested a set for (I think) an H&K P2000. They had not fabricated the dies at that point and sent me a Talon T-Shirt as a way of apologizing.

Talon is a small company and I haven't found anyone else who is close to providing the grips that they do. So, while I grok your pain, I wouldn't consider them to have poor customer service.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've used Talon for a couple of years. I requested a set for (I think) an H&K P2000. They had not fabricated the dies at that point and sent me a Talon T-Shirt as a way of apologizing.

Talon is a small company and I haven't found anyone else who is close to providing the grips that they do. So, while I grok your pain, I wouldn't consider them to have poor customer service.

I didn't get a t-shirt or the 4 bucks, either. I'd have been thrilled with a t-shirt but it wouldn't have taken that much to make me happy. Think of how simple my situation is. 4 bucks. Even a credit for a future order would have been great. The right and simple thing would have been easy to do.

I'm happy for you that they treated you well, but you at that time were a future customer, not a current or former one. You still had something they wanted. ($$) They already had mine. What they did for you was marketing. What they failed to do for me was customer service. What they don't seem to get is that poor customer service IS poor marketing.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Update: I just today received a letter in response to my email communicating my disappointment over their decision. They gave me a coupon code for 15% off my next order, and apologized. That was the right thing to do, and they've regained my business and appreciation. I'm really glad because I really do love their products. When I emailed them, I was very respectful, and I was clear that I was not angry, just disappointed, and that I felt they could do better for a repeat customer, and to their credit, they did. I'm also glad because I'm ordering a Glock 20 and I wasn't loving what I had found so far in terms of grips similar to Talons. I'll be using the discount on a set of grips for it.

I like happy endings!

Top Bottom