• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    A new level of stupidity on college campuses. The administration and campus police are now disarming police officers who attend classes as faculty and/or students in their off duty hours.

This is Middle Tennessee State U in Murfreesboro.

Off Duty Officers can't carry their gun on campus

video is @ 2 minutes long. :popcorn:

WOW, this is just so stupid. Take guns away from cops to keep student shootings down. Who was taking what drugs when they came up with this idea?

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Absolute genius!

No guns means no violence remember?

bullshit2.jpg

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I guess its better to let students get shot by a maniac then run the risk of accidentally shooting an off-duty officer.

Crazy.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    How do people this stupid live long enough to be in a position power?

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    How do people this stupid live long enough to be in a position power?
    +1

You would think the Darwinian process would have weeded them out before they reach the age of 30.

From what the university's vice-president said, this is being done because other students might see an officer carrying his weapon, and mistake him/her for "the bad guy".:rolleyes: Why is it liberals always wet their panties upon merely seeing a gun?

1. You can probably tell he's not "the bad guy" because HE'S NOT AIMING THE GUN AT YOU AND YOUR CLASSMATES, AND SHOOTING YOU.

2. Even if he was "the bad guy", what could you do about it? Pull your gun on him?

Ahhh yes... The "gun free zones" just became a little safer...

FOR CRIMINALS!

ace1627

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2008
    Reminds me of the Chris Rock song where he says...never go to a party with metal detectors...you may feel safe, but what about all those guys outside with guns? What happens if things go down and they dont have guns? Dumb.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Insanity!

There have always been a lot of cops going to school at IUPUI which is also a gun-free zone. I've never heard it discussed but I'd be willing to bet there are cops who carry at school and nobody knows it. As a matter of fact, I'd be willing to bet there are cops in school and their classmates don't know they're cops. In today's world, I don't want anybody to know I'm carrying until they really "need" to! :draw:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    One of the guys in my Criminal Justice class this summer would come to class in full uniform sometimes, I'd be willing to bet he carried while off-duty.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I'm sorry, but if I was a police officer on that department... I would stand up for the students of that campus or I'd be walking.

That is the most insane thing I've heard in awhile, especially after the whole VT massacre.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Cops don't get an exception in TN.

If they don't like it they should write a letter to their state representative.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I don't agree with the law, but I don't think there should be classes of "super citizens" either.

We have the same crap in our state.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I do believe that if I was still in LE and a student I'd be carrying in class. That is why the sheepdog looks like the sheep until the teeth need to be displayed.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    The real scary thing is that these are the people teaching our kids! That is why we need to ground our kids in one's belief system before they get to school.

OSOK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Each and every day I see more compelling reasons to keep my kids home and "homeschool" them. My fifth grader came home last week and said that during Science class they were talking about fossil fuels and the need for us to control our carbon emissions to reduce their affect on Global Warming. He politely raised his hand and said, "My dad says Global Warming doesn't exist." The teacher replied, "Well, I respectfully disagree!" There are some awesome teachers in our schools, but the bureacracy keeps them grounded. I am not sure what the science teacher really thinks...might be a topic for the upcoming parent/teacher conference :)

Top Bottom