• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DeltaLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    North Central Indiana
    So after watching the news and seeing the carnage on I-70 I began thinking about what you should have on board with you in your car either as a bail out bag or just general emergency supplies. What are your thoughts on what I should be looking to add to my new car B.O.B.?

:dunno:

JJP8153

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Marion, IN
    So after watching the news and seeing the carnage on I-70 I began thinking about what you should have on board with you in your car either as a bail out bag or just general emergency supplies. What are your thoughts on what I should be looking to add to my new car B.O.B.?

:dunno:

Road flares, first aid kit, couple bottles of water, some dry snacks, and extra of anything medical you may need ( I'm diabetic, for example I carry extra insulin and refills for my pump)

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    It all depends on how much room you have to spare.

I have all kinds of stuff in my truck. I have since changed and rearranged items, so this is not up to date, but you will get the general idea. All of this stuff is also in addition to the items in my EDC bag that always go with me.

More details are here. I have started to get together an updated post, just haven't had time to finish it.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ions_on_my_bob_ghb_sghbs_etc.html#post2474417

Some items I have added that are not on the list are coveralls, another coat, winter gloves, winter hat, and ice spikes.

TBox.jpg

The general layout of my truck items, it is currently in the process of being rearranged. You can see my GHB, custom AR rest, various other odds and ends, etc. The gas can was a last minute idea, as it was sitting on a shelf in the garage and I had the room for it. The red bag has extra work clothes in case I **** my pants again. For the record, my GHB and AR go inside the house every night.

IMG_0414.JPG

My Mil-Surp shovel, 6.75t shackles, Fiskars hatchet, Toughbuilt folding bolt cutters, and 3"x20' Smittybilt Recovery Strap.

IMG_0415.JPG

Showing the Toughbuilt folding bolt cutters.

IMG_0416.JPG

Directly under the tray are the fleece blankets, kept in a trash bag.

IMG_0418.JPG

Under the blankets are the 3 SGHBs and the 4 tarps. You can also see the grey bag that holds my ratchet straps, as well as the Tougbuilt bag that holds the jumper cables, FAK, red cyalume light sticks, tow strap, etc.

IMG_0419.JPG

The 16" Toughbuilt bag. You can fit quite a bit of stuff in this thing.

IMG_0420.JPG

Everything from the above bag, and much more room left for other items. The red, cloth napkin is used for loads that extend past the back of the truck.

IMG_0421.JPG

The Kobalt 227 piece tool kit (well worth the money) sits under the GHB, and the AR magazines are in Mil-Surp MOLLE pouches under the butt of the rifle.

IMG_0422.JPG

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    What sort of locks does that truck box have? Have you upgraded them? I'm considering buying a box for my truck, but just about every one I've seen has had sub par locks.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Was the crash due to icy road conditions?

Black ice can be scary. Lost a '66 Chevy years ago on I-65 in a pileup on a huge patch of black ice. My car ended up underneath a semi-trailer. Nobody was hurt, but car was totalled.

DeltaLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    North Central Indiana
    Wow you have quite the load out going on there. That was extreamly helpful!!
    On the news clip it showed a couple fellas with a chainsaw cutting a roof off a truck. lots of sparks looked kind of dangerous but thats what got me thinking because who carries a chain saw in their vehical all the time

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    How do you keep your ammo dry from moister? How do you keep your rifle from rusting? your box secured to your truck how? and as somebody else asked, you upgrade your lock on the box?

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    littletommy said:
    What sort of locks does that truck box have? Have you upgraded them? I'm considering buying a box for my truck, but just about every one I've seen has had sub par locks.
    It has the standard locks on it, but there is a hood switch on the lid, wired into the truck's alarm. The rifle also goes in the house every night.

Ramrod got a link to those bolt cutters?

Yep, those are them. I got mine at Menards.

That is one hell of a truck box. Did you fab that bracket for your rifle???
    Thanks. I designed it, and I know a guy with access to a laser table and a CNC brake. :yesway:

caleb said:
    How do you keep your ammo dry from moisture? How do you keep your rifle from rusting? your box secured to your truck how? and as somebody else asked, you upgrade your lock on the box?
    I have since added a desiccant pack to the box, and it seems to be doing a pretty good job. The only time I have noticed any condensation is when the rifle has been out in the cold all day, and is then brought into the warm house. I keep it well oiled though. The box is bolted through the ends into the bed rails.

When I get the time I will make an entire updated thread, but here is an updated list and some pictures. Hopefully it gives some ideas, and gets me some ideas in return as this is a never ending project.

3L Water (2)
    Hatchet
    Shovel
    Socket/Tool Set
    Breaker Bar
    Machete
    Bolt Cutters
    Rope (300)
    Various Carabiners/Chain Links
    Cable Ties
    Tow Strap
    3" Recovery Strap
    3/4" Bow Shackles (3)
    Duct Tape
    Fleece Blankets (4)
    6x8 Tarp (2)
    8x10 Tarp (2)
    GHB
    SGHB (3)
    Rain Suits (3)
    Heavy Duty Trash Bags (3)
    Lightsticks (4)
    LED Safety Strobes (4)
    First Aid Kit
    Rayovac Xtreme Lantern
    Jumper Cables
    Winter Coat
    Coveralls
    Winter Gloves
    Boots
    Air Hose (20')
    Air Chuck
    Gas Can
    AR-15
    Magazines with Various Rounds

I also have two 200psi compressors and an 8 gallon tank on board. That is what the air hose and air chuck is for.

734454_10151238745846851_1942574030_n.jpg

321461_10151238745891851_157226975_n.jpg

250795_10151238745896851_532468572_n.jpg

535570_10151238745976851_108619570_n.jpg

304839_10151238746051851_681031241_n.jpg

535535_10151238746091851_1768900396_n.jpg

46850_10151238746131851_601390963_n.jpg

644262_10151238745951851_941639428_n.jpg

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    What does everyone keep their water in? I have heard a lot of talk about the plastic water bottles not being good if they get to hot or if they freeze (which would happen a lot if I left it in my Suburban). Some say the plastic imparts chemicals into the water and they think this may lead to cancer. Any thoughts other than glass jars?

northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Wow you have quite the load out going on there. That was extreamly helpful!!
    On the news clip it showed a couple fellas with a chainsaw cutting a roof off a truck. lots of sparks looked kind of dangerous but thats what got me thinking because who carries a chain saw in their vehical all the time

I carry 2 chainsaws in my truck all the time. I heat with wood and you never know when you might come across something. Had to clear the road one day when there was a fallen tree in the way. Glad I had a saw with me that day.

camaker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Lafayette
    Love that truck box! I keep jumper cables, snacks, first aid, and a warm change of clothes in winter and an extra jacket. Extra firepower as well.

Top Bottom