• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teejay422

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Muncie
    I recently moved within 3 blocks of a disc golf course. My 4 year old daughter led me to it on a bike ride one day in search of a park. Conveniently, there is a jungle gym nestled in between a few holes. I picked up a couple discs and started by playing the three holes that surround the park because she was always within eyesight. I have to say, it is about as addicting as shooting and virtually free as most courses are walk-on, open-to-the-public. As an added bonus, even if I don't break par, it's still a walk in the park :rockwoot:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Disc golf is a blast. The guys who are serious about it have like 15 different discs. It can get kind of nuts.

Where is the course?

teejay422

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Muncie
    Lion's club in Yorktown, but they are everywhere! I am up to 8 purchased discs, but I've come across another six. General rule is put your name and number on them, and if found you're 90% likely to get a call. No name and number = fair game. Only one had a number and the guy came and got it. The only one I lost, I got a call about. Luckily, i was still on the course with the local league and got it back that evening. The sport is super laid back, and the people that play seem to be too :-)

teejay422

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Muncie
    Disc golf is a blast. The guys who are serious about it have like 15 different discs. It can get kind of nuts.

Where is the course?

I see a lot of guys carrying upwards of 20 discs (and they usually have more at home)! I just need a few. But they all fly a bit different depending on the player, the wind, and the way they break in.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I love disc golf, I played all the time as a student at USI. I was really excited when they finished up one at the Dubois County 4H.

LeadPharmer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2013
    Toledo, OH
    Disc golf is one of my favorite outdoor activities. I wish I had more time for it. When I left college I had about 8 discs and now I'm down to 3. I can still do alright with the 3 though :-)

djkbmwguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I started playing when I was 16. The parks only used 4x4 posts for the holes then. Now I am 50 and been playing again for about 5 years. I play every Tuesday evening. I shot +8 tonight which is okay but not great. My best is +3 which for me is good since I really do not have any athletic abilities. Disc Golf is a great sport and a good way to spend time with my friends and son-in-law.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Bumping the thread because I played back in 90 and recently discovered several co-workers who play on s regular basis.

I’m in the Louisville KY area and there are several courses nearby, as well as aps that track and rate courses.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was flying my drone in Williams Park in Brownsburg when a guy came up to practice his disc golf. He probably had at least a dozen discs with him and was throwing some of them probably close to 150 yards pretty impressive how straight those things could go. I would’ve spent more time talking to him, but I was busy orbiting the park shooting video.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I recently moved within 3 blocks of a disc golf course. My 4 year old daughter led me to it on a bike ride one day in search of a park. Conveniently, there is a jungle gym nestled in between a few holes. I picked up a couple discs and started by playing the three holes that surround the park because she was always within eyesight. I have to say, it is about as addicting as shooting and virtually free as most courses are walk-on, open-to-the-public. As an added bonus, even if I don't break par, it's still a walk in the park :rockwoot:
    Love disc golf been playing for years and have played in four different states. Colorado was my fav. The course was set up at skiing location.

Avin has a great course.

It's a cheap hobby, you can get started with like 10 bucks. And it's a great excuse for a nice walk. And if you pay attention to the brush and weeds often you will find discs with no name or contact info so free disc! I've lost a few and found a few.

Plus I'm way better at disc golf vs real golf.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Does anybody else do better if they only use a putter? I honestly suck that bad. If I go again, I'm just taking ultimate discs.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Does anybody else do better if they only use a putter? I honestly suck that bad. If I go again, I'm just taking ultimate discs.
    Trees and bakers will prob kill your Ultimate discs...did you ever think of your made an ultimate team and named it maga you would literally be ultimate maga.....

Throwing a disc is a bit different than throwing a Frisbee. Instead of tossing the baseball with my dad I grew up throwing a Frisbee back and forth. He taught me how to throw and how to track the Frisbee to be able to know where it's going. So I learned Frisbee and how airplanes worked. Fun times.

That all being said it took me a couple rounds to really get the hang of it and get it figured out. Keep with it and maybe watch some how to videos to help adjust your technique.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I’ve got probably 20 discs in the garage, haven’t played for awhile. I might have to take the boy out and shoot a round, we’ve got a really nice 18 hole course just a couple miles down the road.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I play every once in a while, though I haven't played the course that is right next to the house at the school. I had played in the early 2000s, then picked it up again last year.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I suck worse at disc golf than I do regular golf. And I suck at regular golf. Haven can tell you.
    It gives you an appreciation for regular golf.

Do you know how many times you have to bounce a borrowed basketball off the 35-degree roof of a park shelter, to get a disc to slide down off of it?

Visualize it while going to sleep, with the "video game physics" set to "realistic."
    It is a whole f#cking lot of times.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom