• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You were fighting a losing battle because you left and then came back claiming damage. Most businesses nowadays are more cautious about these things since there are lots of people trying to get something for free. They do not know you and they cannot read minds. Chalk it up to a learning experience...go over your car before you leave. DT is the ONLY place I take either of our cars for tires and have bought 7 or 8 sets from them over the years and they have ALWAYS treated me right and gave me a good price.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    You were fighting a losing battle because you left and then came back claiming damage. Most businesses nowadays are more cautious about these things since there are lots of people trying to get something for free. They do not know you and they cannot read minds. Chalk it up to a learning experience...go over your car before you leave. DT is the ONLY place I take either of our cars for tires and have bought 7 or 8 sets from them over the years and they have ALWAYS treated me right and gave me a good price.

This... Once you leave or move the car then the odds are stacked against you..

At another shop a while back needed to tires rotated and wanted it done a certian way. Walked out to the car and the one worn tire was still up front. Walked back in and told them and they fixed it.

Had some light weight race wheels a while back and had a then friend take them in to get the tire swapped with another set... Shop gouged the wheels and my guy did not notice it.... I knew I was hosed.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I have heard of shops going out with a customer and noting every dent and ding and having the customer sign BEFORE any work is done. Why?? Spouse dings car and doesn't tell the other spouse. Vehicle goes to shop for repair and they must have dented it. I have taken pictures of "fresh" dents that are rusted pretty bad.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    At least your wheel didn't almost fall off going around 465 like mine did after having my tires balanced and rotated...

Discount put a new wheel on per my request as the bolt holes were egged out. Hate to guess what it did to the front end and wheel bearing...

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Please be advised the statute of limitations for property damage in the state of Indiana is two years from the date of loss.
    They need to check their facts a bit better. I do believe the statute of limitations for property damage in Indiana is 6 years and a quick google search has confirmed that. Although I guess every other website could be wrong and DT is right???

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had a set of wheels rotated and balanced at DT and they gouged the heck out of all the lug holes. It took me lots of going back and talking with the manager before they finally offered to replace or refinish the wheels. I believe it's pretty much up to the store manager to take care of the damage. Just keep working on him and ask him to take care of it since corporate is not going to own up to it.

It's too bad you nearly have to take a video of your car before entrusting anyone to do work on it now days.

Top Bottom