• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    As of last year both USF and WDW parks have implemented airport style metal detectors and security at the entrances. FYI

Yes, who s running them and the procedures they take after you set it off is the key though. They run bags through scanners too.
    After you set the date for off they want you. Once they find the metal item that set it off no thorough check is done

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Kentucky: no carry if alcohol is served. Must inform if asked.
    Tennessee; must inform IF ASKED. No gun Signs hold the weight of law. No drinking while carrying.
    Georgia: do not have to inform. Long guns must be unloaded in vehicle. No carry in a bar.
    Alabama (if you go over that far for sightseing): inform if asked.
    Florida: I already covered above

If traveling that far from home the only question id be asking is why you wouldn't carry at least 1 pistol and a rifle with several mags. No one i know or hang out with wouldn't.

Also, in Florida long guns may not be concealed and in plain sight or locked case in sight.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Florida is no carry while drinking at all. Not even a beer.
    Also no carry inside anywhere that even serves alcohol, so even a restaurant. And deffinately no bars.
    And it's just inform if asked on a traffic stop.

In your room at the resort you can legally carry. Make.sure you have it hidden in your luggage if you are leaving the room.

If you get caught with it in the park you will most likely be banned forever. But legally they can't do **** except trespass you. It IS possible to make it past their Mickey mouse security with a gun.
    Same with universal.
    They aren't very thorough at either if you know what you are doing even half way.

If people with good intentions and little to no training on hiw to thwart security checkpoints can get past their security with a gun then you better believe terrorists or criminals who live daily in the realm of evading police and detection can and do do it.
    I don't put my safety in anyone else's hands and I'm deffinately not going to act like someone's ***** and tell them I have a gun so they can lock it in a hotel lockbox for me and to instantly and forever flag my name in their system as a potential security threat because I'm known to have firearms. And believe me no security worth their weight in salt wouldn't store that free information for later

Incorrect on the alcholo text.
    In fl you can carry, cc, into a reaturant.
    If that resturant server acholo you are NOT allowed in the alcholo only section, IE the bar. Think of olive garden how they have the bar section and dinning section. You can not go to the bar area but the dinning area you are ok.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Other thing to note if you do take a longgun with you being as its most likely just going for a lobg road trip is the humidity of fl is going to eat up that weapon. Make sure you clean it go afterwards. One week in a case in fl is harsh for long guns.

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    On the way down I think most of the state's are "inform if asked". So if you are pulled over and asked if you have a gun you must answer truthfully.
    Also some of the state's, like Florida don't allow you to carry into a place that serves alcohol
    North Carolina is a "Duty to Inform" state. Sorry, I can't find the exact statute.

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you're pushing a stroller and really want to get something into the park they don't check the strollers, they just make sure there are no bags in the bottom carrier. One easy way I noticed to get through without being noticed. Not what I would choose but that's up to you. I left mine locked in the hotel room safe in a holster within a small bag while we were in the park but I carried when we left the property for groceries or restaurants.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Florida is no carry while drinking at all. Not even a beer.
    Also no carry inside anywhere that even serves alcohol, so even a restaurant. And deffinately no bars.
    And it's just inform if asked on a traffic stop.

Can I ask where you are getting your info? All the above is incorrect.
    FL statute states that you can carry while drinking. You just can't have it in your hand or discharge it if your normal faculties are impaired by alcohol or drugs. So you want a beer/glass of wine with dinner, go for it.
    Flsenate Archive: Statutes & Constitution > View Statutes

Restaurant carry if they serve alcohol is just fine. Bars, etc. no.
    12. Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose
    https://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2012/790.06

FL statutes say nothing about informing if asked. If asked you must provide license/permit and valid ID. It says nothing about informing that you have a firearm.

The licensee must carry the license, together with valid identification, at all times in which the licensee is in actual possession of a concealed weapon or firearm and must display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer. Violations of the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25, payable to the clerk of the court.
    Same link as above.

Kentucky: no carry if alcohol is served. Must inform if asked.
    Tennessee; must inform IF ASKED. No gun Signs hold the weight of law. No drinking while carrying.
    Georgia: do not have to inform. Long guns must be unloaded in vehicle. No carry in a bar.
    Alabama (if you go over that far for sightseing): inform if asked.
    Florida: I already covered above

If traveling that far from home the only question id be asking is why you wouldn't carry at least 1 pistol and a rifle with several mags. No one i know or hang out with wouldn't.

Quite a few of these are wrong also. Especially inform if asked.

Incorrect on the alcholo text.
    In fl you can carry, cc, into a reaturant.
    If that resturant server acholo you are NOT allowed in the alcholo only section, IE the bar. Think of olive garden how they have the bar section and dinning section. You can not go to the bar area but the dinning area you are ok.

Yep.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If you're pushing a stroller and really want to get something into the park they don't check the strollers, they just make sure there are no bags in the bottom carrier. One easy way I noticed to get through without being noticed. Not what I would choose but that's up to you. I left mine locked in the hotel room safe in a holster within a small bag while we were in the park but I carried when we left the property for groceries or restaurants.

Do you have to borrow a baby too, or will the stroller itself suffice?

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I was just in Disney a few weeks ago. I did not carry in the parks. I did have a backpack with me that they checked every day before entering the parks and I was asked two or three to step through the metal detector after the bag check. We were there for 5 days during some of their busiest times. If you felt the need to carry you can get it through but there are plenty of news reports of people getting caught.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    If a state's carry laws prohibit carry in a place that serves alcohol, it usually, emphasis on usually, is defined by the type of alcohol license the establishment has. Louisiana's carry law is an example. You would have to look it up state by state, but would presume at the very least it covers taverns, lounges, night clubs, "gentlemen's" clubs, etc., where the primary business is alcohol. You should also presume carrying while intoxicated or impaired is also a crime, and you might be surprised how low the blood alcohol limit is compared to the DWI limit. Bottom line is reading all the carry laws yourself in all the states in which you plan to carry.

Even if there was reciprocity mandated by federal law, which I would welcome, you'd still be subject to individual state laws, and in some cases city or county ordinances (e.g. Chicago, Baltimore, etc.) restricting when, where and how you can carry.

John

I very rarely drink, and only do so at home. I was asking because of the fact that Applebee's would be off-limits if it were any establishment. I'll see what I can find.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :facepalm: applebees is NOT off limits.
    ONLY THE PORTION OF THE RESTURANT THAT IS THE BAR. The over 21 area IS off limits.

1. If you must be over 21 to enter because the place servers alacholo then the entire place is off limits.
    Applebees, olive garden, red lobster all server alacholo but you do not have to be over 21 to eat at these places. So they are not off limits except for the bar area.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    ONLY THE PORTION OF THE RESTURANT THAT IS THE BAR. The over 21 area IS off limits.

1. If you must be over 21 to enter because the place servers alacholo then the entire place is off limits.
    Applebees, olive garden, red lobster all server alacholo but you do not have to be over 21 to eat at these places. So they are not off limits except for the bar area.

For FL that is true, I posted the statute above. Heck for at least most states that is true. There may be a couple that disallow it, but I can't think of any off hand. There are some states that you can carry in the bar area (or any bar for that matter), IN is one.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills

I'm still trying to figur out what alacholo is . . . .

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm still trying to figur out what alacholo is . . . .

Ya "non indiana residents" just dont know. ;)
    Come up to the ONLY true county in INDIANA to find out.
    Lake county indiana where the pollution is nice and our demorats are the most corrupt similar to chicago since we are so close.

But now back to the topic at hand.
    I have been to see the mouse at fl 4 times as an adult and 3 as a child and none of those times have i ever felt UNSAFE inside the parks. Disney is in the biz of happiest place on earth. If a terror attack, ahooting, knifing were to ever occur there it would be a major blow to their biz model thus why they have crazy security. Im not talking the uniformed security at the gates. They have cameras and non-uniformed ARMED security all over the place.

Look around the next time you go and you will noticed that they never have mosqitoes or "adult drama". When that drama occurs it is quickly and quietly taken below ground.
    The park you see is actually just the roof. There are at least 2 levels under the park with its own train system, offices, cafeterias, police station, etc.

Im not saying to not take your weapon on your trip. Just that you really dont need it inside the park.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ya "non indiana residents" just dont know. ;)
    Come up to the ONLY true county in INDIANA to find out.
    Lake county indiana where the pollution is nice and our demorats are the most corrupt similar to chicago since we are so close.

But now back to the topic at hand.
    I have been to see the mouse at fl 4 times as an adult and 3 as a child and none of those times have i ever felt UNSAFE inside the parks. Disney is in the biz of happiest place on earth. If a terror attack, ahooting, knifing were to ever occur there it would be a major blow to their biz model thus why they have crazy security. Im not talking the uniformed security at the gates. They have cameras and non-uniformed ARMED security all over the place.

Look around the next time you go and you will noticed that they never have mosqitoes or "adult drama". When that drama occurs it is quickly and quietly taken below ground.
    The park you see is actually just the roof. There are at least 2 levels under the park with its own train system, offices, cafeterias, police station, etc.

Im not saying to not take your weapon on your trip. Just that you really dont need it inside the park.

When your argument is based never feeling unsafe and that you don't need your gun, that makes me wonder when someone thinks they really will need their gun. How can anyone predict when and where they will "need" to be armed, and if they could, why would they not avoid that time and place altogether?

I don't feel like I'm going to be in a car wreck when I am driving to work and I probably won't need my seat belt. I'm still going to wear my seat belt, more because of the consequences if something happens than the likelihood of it happening. You won't ever need your pistol . . . until you do. When and where will that happen? Good luck!

I also choose to not rely on strangers for protection. Disney may have the most badass combination gurkha/ninja/SEAL/SAS/Delta security people on the planet, but exactly zero of them have a vested interest in protecting me or my family or my friends.

I sympathize with parents who feel they have to take their kids to places like Disney World and the compromises that are necessary to fulfill that obligation. I choose to avoid such places and situations, but I recognize that I have more freedom of choice than some.

Top Bottom