• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'll be interested to see if the govt tries to block this merger, given their stance on the other one.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I don't like Disney, I see this as a bad thing. Disney already owns ABC, Lucas Films, and a plethora of other media outlets. The .gov may well file an anti-trust suit and stop the merger.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't like Disney, I see this as a bad thing. Disney already owns ABC, Lucas Films, and a plethora of other media outlets. The .gov may well file an anti-trust suit and stop the merger.

It might be a bad thing, but I like Disney. They put out a solid product.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Maybe they will buy the government.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yep, pretty excited. Would love to see Disney bring the X-men back into the MCU and have them interact with the rest of the fold... of course, then they will need to reconcile this whole InHumans or Mutants thing...

and looks like at least for now Deadpool will not be an issue

Deadpool at Disney: Bob Iger Suggests a "Marvel-R" Brand

Ryan Reynolds tweeted...
    Apparently you can’t actually blow the Matterhorn.
    and included the picture below:

DRBAotWVAAA6zd0.jpg

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Doesn't look like it. The president called Rupert Murdock, and congratulated him on the deal. This deal is a horizontal merger, between two competing companies.... the Time Warner is a vertical, which is between two companies that don't compete. Horizontal mergers are, hands down, bigger issues for anti-trust concerns, than verticals. So we're seeing some hypocrisy here. Wait "some?" Nah, a hell of a whole lot.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Doesn't look like it. The president called Rupert Murdock, and congratulated him on the deal. This deal is a horizontal merger, between two competing companies.... the Time Warner is a vertical, which is between two companies that don't compete. Horizontal mergers are, hands down, bigger issues for anti-trust concerns, than verticals. So we're seeing some hypocrisy here. Wait "some?" Nah, a hell of a whole lot.

Unless the vertical gives a company so much control of the supply chain, etc that they can then run their competitors out of business... Not that I am for a bunch of regulation, but seeing a company like Bass Pro Shops for example, buying lure companies, boat manufacturers, etc, then allows them to control the supply chain in their own favor and then use that power to force competitors out on the retail space, and in some cases eventually but them as well. (Again that's just an example, not one that I am really for or against).

I kind of doubt there will be much govt intervention on the Disney/Fox deal, but we'll see.
    Again, I'm not for a lot of govt intervention anyway, but I'd rather see some of that attention focused on slapping Equifax with a consent decree, than worry about Disney buying another studio/media company...

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy

I heard about the call from Trump this morning on the news. No big surprise on the hypocrisy, though.

Top Bottom