• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunrights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    South Bend
    Now I understand you're either a person that shows your support not just on gun rights but on any issue. What I mean is some people will put political stickers on their vehicle, yard signs in their yard and post messages of support on forums like this.

Others do not........ some of the excuses I've heard are like........... I do want to run my vehicle with bumper stickers. I might upset my neighbors by supporting a candidate they don't like. If I posts support for an issue publicly the government may come after me. NO NO these are real excuses.

But I think that if you're an NRA member, Second Amendment Foundation Member, GAO, you should display your membership proudly. it encourages others to join these fine groups which can be nothing but good for the rest of us. More people getting involved is always very good.

This first picture is an example of someone I would consider very proud of being a member of the NRA. He had have more than one sticker and a big one.

This one is my truck.......

Attachments

• 1167424_10151643643728772_1411288238_o.jpg
      1167424_10151643643728772_1411288238_o.jpg
      138.4 KB · Views: 12

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't display any affiliation not even a veteran license plate because i dont want to be a target. From police, thieves, hippies, terrorist, Ect.
    If i was single I'd have a big window decal that said "**** everyone"
    and I don't realy care for the NRA and if it comes down to me defending my 2nd amendment right, that's what my gun is for.

sfehrman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Greenwood
    I think people should show their support for things. However I completely agree with people being worried what their neighbors think. I used to be more like that. I wouldn't want to put out a yard sign for the presidential elections,etc. But now I don't care things have gotten so out of hand I will proudly show support, hoping that others might join in and support it too.

An answer for those not wanting to ruin their vehicle, just put them on your windows. If you need to remove them you can just use a razor blade and some window cleaner and scrape it all off. This is what I do, because I see too many vehicles with half removed stickers that won't come off, or you can still see the outline of stickers that used to be there.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have a couple of small stickers on my car, but to each his own.

One thing to remember when placing a bunch of stickers on a car is that you become a representative of that organization. I've seen a few stickers on the cars of people who did not represent the organization very well. On the other hand, I've seen some who have encouraged me to further investigate their interest or passion.

gunrights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    South Bend
    You are correct Que. Years ago I saw one wagon that I think was just held together with stickers. I normally change mine out every one or two years so they don't start looking too bad. The ones on my truck tailgate now I had made custom made on vinyl paper should last six years from what I'm told. But I won't let it go that long.

If anyone's interested I had two of the "NRA Stand and Fight" stickers made. Only used one. If you're interested it's big, cost $30

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Personally - I don't advertise.

It took a lot of fortitude on my part to hang a McCain | Palin sticker on my car for a few months. I did dog-ear one corner, though, so it'd be easier to remove...

I don't know what I'm gonna do when my kids' organizations/sports want to sell bumper stickers and such. Probably buy them and put them on my tool chest or fridge.

-J-

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't put anything on my car or truck. I go as far as to have the dealership remove their sticker and all the other badges on the car.

^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^
    Those who know me understand. If you want my support....support me.
    I am an NRA lifer. I do not fly the flag.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I don't put my son's baseball or my daughters cheerleading decal on our cars so I am sure as :poop: not doing any advertising for other causes that I choose to financially support. I also remove any car dealers names from any vehicle that I purchase. I do not do political yard signs because I have a general dislike for most all politicians. I am also a firm believer that the tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut. Drawing unnecessary attention to oneself is rarely a good idea.

A source of contention in our house is the small yard signs that the athletic department at our school gives to athletes to put out in their yards. I have allowed the baseball sign to be placed in a flower bed right by our front door, but have not put up the daughters cheer sign. My wife viewed this as my denial of cheerleading being an equal sporting endeavor as baseball(which it's obviously not:rolleyes:). I explained to her that is not the case. The baseball sign tells anyone approaching the front door that a strapping young man who knows how to use a baseball bat lives here. The cheerleading sign says that an attractive young girl lives here. What anyone who viewed these signs would not know is that they have far more to fear from the cheerleader. She is a much better shot and being a teenaged girl, is just plain mean. Putting that cheer sign up would be tantamount to entrapment should some creaper show up with bad intentions.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I don't put stickers on my car... I rarely wear items that have obnoxious logos on them and I don't suck through a straw.

Its just the way I am

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I sport a couple of small stickers on both my truck and Jeep. Nothing obnoxious or overly large. Just a couple of offroading club decals, and an INGO sticker. I only have groups I am actively supporting, so no random crap.

As Que said, once you label yourself as a member of an organization, you become the "face" of that organization. Act like a "bad apple", and the general public will assume the whole group is bad. Just like the tree-hugging hippie with the "Free Tibet" stickers on their Prius - once he cuts you off in traffic, you suddenly associate the whole group with rude driving (it is human nature). If a bug truck with "gun" stickers flicks a cigarette butt out of the window, suddenly gun owners are all trash-chucking rednecks.

I'm not worried about negative encounters. Mostly because they have never happened to me, and I find their likelihood pretty small. In my estimation, it takes more than a sticker to get tazed.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't put my son's baseball or my daughters cheerleading decal on our cars so I am sure as :poop: not doing any advertising for other causes that I choose to financially support. I also remove any car dealers names from any vehicle that I purchase. I do not do political yard signs because I have a general dislike for most all politicians. I am also a firm believer that the tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut. Drawing unnecessary attention to oneself is rarely a good idea.

A source of contention in our house is the small yard signs that the athletic department at our school gives to athletes to put out in their yards. I have allowed the baseball sign to be placed in a flower bed right by our front door, but have not put up the daughters cheer sign. My wife viewed this as my denial of cheerleading being an equal sporting endeavor as baseball(which it's obviously not:rolleyes:). I explained to her that is not the case. The baseball sign tells anyone approaching the front door that a strapping young man who knows how to use a baseball bat lives here. The cheerleading sign says that an attractive young girl lives here. What anyone who viewed these signs would not know is that they have far more to fear from the cheerleader. She is a much better shot and being a teenaged girl, is just plain mean. Putting that cheer sign up would be tantamount to entrapment should some creaper show up with bad intentions.
    +1

odds are slim until it happens. I choose not to be a victim or put a target on my family.

gunrights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    South Bend
    Never had a problem with a pro-gun sticker.

Only problem I had was with a Bush Cheney sticker in Florida on vacation after the 2000 election. ;-)

Top Bottom