• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I tell you what. I seem to remember that I might have the outside meat of the sight. I don't think I have the small center insert however. Let me look in the morning and I'll confirm one way or another.

If I have it, we can go pm and I'll ship it to you. It's just sitting there. I haven't worked on Marlin levers in a few years, so you're welcome to it if I have it.

That would be very nice of you. Thank you.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    OK. Went into the shop this morning.

I have a Marlin sight base.....BUT I gave the screw away to someone else, apparently. So, that's no help unless you want the base.

I have a Semi-buckhorn sight that is similar in length to the Marlin, but it doesn't have that little diamond insert. It's adjustable with the elevator mechanism. It came off an 1866 Yellowboy.

I have a fold down sight with diamond insert and both adjustment screws (probably different size that your Marlin screws. I pulled one screw and attempted to fit it to the Marlin base I have and no go). It's new and a good sight. I'm sure it will work for you, but you would lose 2" or so of sight radius and the radius would commence over the dovetail.

So...any and all of these can be yours if you want them. Send me a pm and I'll get them in the mail to you, unless you're close to Greenwood and then we could meet up.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    OK. Went into the shop this morning.

I have a Marlin sight base.....BUT I gave the screw away to someone else, apparently. So, that's no help unless you want the base.

I have a Semi-buckhorn sight that is similar in length to the Marlin, but it doesn't have that little diamond insert. It's adjustable with the elevator mechanism. It came off an 1866 Yellowboy.

I have a fold down sight with diamond insert and both adjustment screws (probably different size that your Marlin screws. I pulled one screw and attempted to fit it to the Marlin base I have and no go). It's new and a good sight. I'm sure it will work for you, but you would lose 2" or so of sight radius and the radius would commence over the dovetail.

So...any and all of these can be yours if you want them. Send me a pm and I'll get them in the mail to you, unless you're close to Greenwood and then we could meet up.

I really appreciate you trying so hard. I'm certain the Skinner sight is what I want. Again, thank you very much!!

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I have a Skinner one one of my Henrys and really like it ( I also had them mill a dovetail in my front sight band and add a taller/thinner front sight). I have an XS on my Marlin 1894 and have no complaints about it either. The quality of the Skinner sights is very good and they seem to have a lot more variety.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    If you talk or email the folks at skinner they can pretty much tell you right off if the model you are looking to peep will need a taller front sight. They sell them also.

I ordered it yesterday morning. The website said it would work with my existing front sight. I like that it mounts in the holes for the scope mount. No drilling or tapping needed.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Well. They came in the mail today. I put them on this evening. At first I did not think I would be able to use them. In the house it did not seem like I could see anything. I went outside and turned the lights on in the shed and left the door open. Stepped off 22 paces back to my chair on the back porch and put the bead on a funnel in the shed. I think I am going to like these Skinner sights.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I think you will like them. I love my Skinners. I have them on both my Henry's. I ponied up the extra $$ and got Merit adjustable apertures. Zero regrets!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Skinner sighted in. Front sight secured. Shooting steel with cowboy boolits rapid fire. Love these new sights! Awesome! So glad the old sights broke!

Top Bottom