District 5 Congressional Race Is Already On!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    554137_550674148361500_336607799_n.jpg

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Do you work for the campaign or something?
    Nope. Just have him tagged on Facebook, so I see his latest updates. I like what I've been hearing from him. He's a much better candidate than the incumbent. She's a party tool and useless. Hope he bumps her off in the primary, but I'm not going to hold my breath, given the makeup of the gop in the 5th. They're machine lackeys all the way and gave the state Charley White.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So refreshing to hear this from a republican in the 5th district.

David Stockdale for CongressAt one of my speeches I was asked what I had done for the party to qualify for Congress. The person asking the question was an elected official. I found this question very telling and indicative of the problem. There are a lot of "party first" people in both parties who believe that those who run for office should be handpicked by party leadership. The rest of us should patiently wait for the candidate they select and then blindly support them regardless of their positions. I emphatically disagree!

I do not buy into the "party first" mentality. I put the Constitution first. That is the problem with the Republican Party. It has lost its way and has put the party, desire for more power, and a corrupt system ahead of the Constitution. I seek to change that in the 5th District. I will fight for the Constitution and call out my party when they ignore it and legislate against it. I will not be intimidated by "party first" people.

I am filing my paperwork with the State today to be included on the ballot for the Republican Party. When elected I will vow to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States. That is what I think the Republican Party should stand for. "Constitution first" Republicans believe that you have to go through me and a lot of people who stand with me to get to our Constitution. We are the future of the Republican Party. To the "party first" people we have a message. Your days are numbered.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    David Stockdale for CongressAs expected Representative Brooks voted for the 1,582 page omnibus spending bill. This bill approved more than a trillion dollars of new spending to accompany the recent "budget deal" passed in December. There are many problems with this bill besides the 1 trillion dollar price tag.
    -Voted on less than 48 hours of being introduced which makes it virtually impossible to read and comprehend. So again Congress is passing a bill "so they can see whats in it".
    -Does not fully reverse the cuts to military retiree pensions that Representative Brooks voted for in the "budget deal" in December.
    -Raises pay for federal workers at a time when unemployment is through the roof and many Americans are not seeing pay increases in the private market.
    -Fully funds Obamacare.
    -According to Heritage Action this bill increases allocations to many departments including Labor, HHS, and Education.
    -Further guts the actual cuts scheduled through sequestration and replaces it with another promise of cuts in 10 years.
    -Like most bills in Washington this one is packed full of pork.

These massive "too big to read" bills are becoming commonplace in Washington. Is it truly representation if your representative doesn't even know what is in the bill?
    . Once again the current "representative" for district 5 has voted for a bill that she hadn't read and that is bad for the country.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    If you live in the 5th District I strongly urge you to read-up on the issues and the candidates and VOTE in the May 2014 PRIMARY election. In this district the Republican primary basically decides the winner and Rep. Brooks barely won in 2012 over David McIntosh by just over 1000 votes. Due to the number of GOP candidates neither Brooks nor McIntosh received a plurality (50%) of the vote but in Indiana we don't have run-offs.

I have NOT been impressed by Rep. Brooks words or votes since she has been in DC. Her votes show me that she's NOT serious about reigning in runaway government spending in its ever-increasing intrusion into the lives of Hoosiers. Her stand on the Obama/NSA spying scandal indicates that she sees nothing wrong with the government collecting data on Americans without any warrant or even probable cause. I believe that our nation is unique in the idea that ALL of us are presumed to be innocent and are therefore to be free of government monitoring and intrusion that is being justified "just in case we might be up to something bad." That's what's going on in other parts of the world where people have no problem trading their freedom for the hollow promise of safety and protection but, as we all too well know, this NEVER works out the way it's promised. I believe that Rep. Brooks would vote FOR additional anti-2A laws were such laws to reach a vote in the House. Therefore, I do NOT trust her in Washington as my representative.

Just so it's clear, I think David Stockdale is a MUCH better choice to represent the 5th District than Susan Brooks and I do plan on supporting him in May and hopefully November.

But whether you agree with me or not, I urge you to review what the candidates have said and how they have voted in the past when it comes to the Constitution. BE SURE TO VOTE in May 2014 so that the person on the ballot in November is someone who represents the majority of 5th District voters. So few people typically vote in an off-year election that only a few hundred extra voters can make all the difference!

I know that here, the 2A is a big deal. So now that Sen. Reid has set the very dangerous precedent of discarding hundreds of years of procedure in the Senate to ram through Mr. Obama's radical nominees, how long do you think he'll delay if he smells blood in the "gun control water"? In other words if he thinks gun control will pass in the House next year, he will not hesitate to change the Senate rules again to get that passed before Obama (hopefully) leaves office in 2017.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    David Stockdale for CongressOur current economic plan is not going to work. In order to move in the right direction we have to replace those in Washington who support the status quo. I will fight to end the Federal Reserve and the destructive quantitative easing program. QE pumps money into the economy and devalues the dollar. This will lead to inflation in the future. It manipulates rates to keep them artificially low and redistributes wealth by robbing the middle class of their hard earned savings while enriching the banks, Wall Street, and the well connected.

We have seen the path the current mentality will take us down. They will spend more and continue to increase our national debt. They will add numerous taxes and call it fees. They will bailout banks and select corporations while piling taxes and cumbersome regulations on the rest. They will devalue our currency and deplete the value of our savings while lowering quality of life. They will say they do not have money to keep open the parks while sending billions of aid to countries that hate us. They will claim they fight for liberty and freedom while robbing you of your due process, your 4th Amendment protections, and your right to constitutional representation. In the end they will destroy our country.

Let's do something about it. Let's change the course of Washington. Let's support the minority who are upholding their oaths. Let's stimulate the economy by getting government out of the way of business. Let's stimulate the economy by ending the reign of the Federal Reserve and restoring sound money. Let's end the market manipulation that picks winners and losers and takes our tax dollars to subsidize special interests and the politically connected. Let's keep our promises to our veterans and give them the benefits they earned.

We can do more than just complain. We can change our representation. We can vote for those who will uphold and defend the Constitution. It is not too late.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If you live near one of these events you have a chance to meet with Mr. Stockdale and hear him speak.

David Stockdale for CongressNext couple of events OPEN TO THE PUBLIC:
    April 2 10:10am
    Colonial Oaks
    4725 Colonial Oaks Drive
    Marion, IN 46953

April 2 1:30pm
    Century Villa Healthcare
    825 N. Meridian St.
    Greentown, IN

April 3 1:30
    Wesleyan Healthcare
    729 W. 35th St.

Marion, IN 46953

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    David Stockdale for CongressRep. Brooks symbolically votes to repeal Obamacare dozens of times and now is promoting the "Saving American Workers Act" which will still result in many workers losing their jobs or seeing a reduction in hours. The solution is to not FUND Obamacare. Rep. Brooks has voted on multiple occasions to fully fund Obamacare.

Symbolic votes to repeal Obamacare and supporting bills that tinker around the edges do not make up for her support for fully funding the current version of the bill. I say "current version" because the version she is funding is one full of unconstitutional and unilateral executive decisions to delay, change, and ignore portions of the bill that were passed by Congress.

Members of Congress that are funding this bill are not only further entrenching Obamacare but are also ignoring the Constitution by funding a program that looks nothing like the original bill. Like the old saying, "You can't have your cake and eat it too"!

Top Bottom