• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I bought a decent but budget friendly dive knife at a local shop here in Evansville a few years ago when I did a lot of swimming in murky lakes. I have a tremendous fear of being tangled in seaweed.

Anyway I have no idea what brand it is without looking but it was nice just for the sheath and rubber straps to keep it handy without a belt.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    In 10 years of scuba diving, the only thing I have ever used my dive knife for is opening a can that was being a pain. Save the money and get a cheap line cutter just in case you get tangled into some monofilament line. We used to joke with new divers, cause thats the first thing a lot of them wanted to check out. We always told em that it was for stabbin your buddy in case a great white showed up! LOL:D

Im pretty new to diving, but everybody I have met advises to carry a pair of those rescue scissors rather than a knife.

Lagrange

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Lagrange, IN.
    I'm currently making a dive knife from CPM154 stainless steel for a diver on our local fire rescue squad for $150. I am positive it will hold up to sea water.
    If you are interested in seeing a drawing or some in process photo's give me a shout.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    WASP dive knife. Check, and mate.

wasp_knife.jpg

:)

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Apparently so!

Ths might just be the most sense you have ever made! :):

Is that a CO2 canister in the handle? For what? Inflating whatever you stab?

From the web site describing the product....

As divers, we all know what the effects of compressed gas are underwater. Our training teaches us that our lungs would burst from over-inflation if we held our breath and rose to the surface. This principle is key to the effectiveness of the WASP Injection System.
    This weapon injects a freezing cold ball of compressed gas, approximately the size of a basketball, at 800psi nearly instantly. The effects of this injection will drop many of the world's largest land predators. The effects of the compressed gas not only cause over-inflation during ascent when used underwater, but also freezes all tissues and organs surrounding the point of injection on land or at sea. When used underwater, the injected gas carries the predator to the surface BEFORE blood is released into the water. Thus giving the diver added protection by diverting other potential predators to the surface.

:dunno:

Looks like a soulution looking for a question.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    From the web site describing the product....

As divers, we all know what the effects of compressed gas are underwater. Our training teaches us that our lungs would burst from over-inflation if we held our breath and rose to the surface. This principle is key to the effectiveness of the WASP Injection System.
    This weapon injects a freezing cold ball of compressed gas, approximately the size of a basketball, at 800psi nearly instantly. The effects of this injection will drop many of the world's largest land predators. The effects of the compressed gas not only cause over-inflation during ascent when used underwater, but also freezes all tissues and organs surrounding the point of injection on land or at sea. When used underwater, the injected gas carries the predator to the surface BEFORE blood is released into the water. Thus giving the diver added protection by diverting other potential predators to the surface.

:dunno:

Looks like a soulution looking for a question.

:wow:

That sounds pretty damn wicked. I couldn't imagine the headline if someone used that in a self defense scenario :):

Top Bottom