• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Looks like they have some top notch machinists by the looks of the mortars. Also the remote control for the Sham 2's machine gun was very interesting.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    s_s11_RTR3A97N.jpg

i think i saw all these on episodes of A-Team

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    One of the comments are the article was spot on in saying that they dont necessarily have to be the most effective, they just have to hang on long enough for the regime to give up. Personally I think as soon as the West decides to intervene it will be over. Gaddafi was psychotic and willing to fight until the day he died. Asad? I dont think so. I think Asad would be perfectly willing to destroy "his" entire country, so long as he stays in power and is not strung up by a short rope in the street. The second he starts running that risk though, he will be on the first plane out of there, seeking asylum in some sympathetic country where he wont be arrested and forced to stand trial in the Hague.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

This just goes to prove the fallacy of the argument that we could not possibly oppose our own military with the guns we have, therefore we don't need a 2A.

These men are holding on with makeshift everything against a well equiped military. Imagine what they could do with dependable rifles, carbines and ammunition?

Regards,

Doug

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Take notes, fellas.

Bingo! I saw alot of rope slings in those pictures, alot of machining. Anyone notice, however, their load bearing gear? Lots of empty pouches...

These people, like their weapons, are improvised warriors. They have to develop a fighting mindset overnight and wake up to constant death everyday.

Say what one will about the politics of the event (Fundamentalists and their influence in the fight against Assad), but I admire the fighting people of Syria. They have no distractions, no American Idol, no McDonalds at whim, no beer when they come home to a warm, safe house. Minimal supplies and minimal arms, fighting (albeit older tech) a superior fighting force in a war of attrition. Such a war requires resolve, hardened and sharpened to a razor's edge. I may concern myself with the outcome of their fight (extremists taking over), but I respect their fighting ability in the face of such a strong enemy.

Americans? There's people that give up at life practically when their internet goes down. People that will almost kill each other over an after Thanksgiving day sale. People that scream for entitlement programs, no price gouging or "fair share". Yes, many Americans would stand up and take the fight to the enemy, but I fear a majority would not have the stomach for the fight or would turn over instantly in the face of withering firepower. Armchair commando of me to say this? Yes. :D

thegunshow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Valpo
    Bingo! I saw alot of rope slings in those pictures, alot of machining. Anyone notice, however, their load bearing gear? Lots of empty pouches...

These people, like their weapons, are improvised warriors. They have to develop a fighting mindset overnight and wake up to constant death everyday.

Say what one will about the politics of the event (Fundamentalists and their influence in the fight against Assad), but I admire the fighting people of Syria. They have no distractions, no American Idol, no McDonalds at whim, no beer when they come home to a warm, safe house. Minimal supplies and minimal arms, fighting (albeit older tech) a superior fighting force in a war of attrition. Such a war requires resolve, hardened and sharpened to a razor's edge. I may concern myself with the outcome of their fight (extremists taking over), but I respect their fighting ability in the face of such a strong enemy.

Americans? There's people that give up at life practically when their internet goes down. People that will almost kill each other over an after Thanksgiving day sale. People that scream for entitlement programs, no price gouging or "fair share". Yes, many Americans would stand up and take the fight to the enemy, but I fear a majority would not have the stomach for the fight or would turn over instantly in the face of withering firepower. Armchair commando of me to say this? Yes. :D

Well put

chris46131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Franklin
    To All,

This just goes to prove the fallacy of the argument that we could not possibly oppose our own military with the guns we have, therefore we don't need a 2A.

These men are holding on with makeshift everything against a well equiped military. Imagine what they could do with dependable rifles, carbines and ammunition?

Regards,

Doug

That's the very first thought I had too.

Good post, OP. Goes to show what can be done with some knowledge and determination.

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    To All,

Regards,

Doug

Yep and this scare the hell out of Big Sis.

Top Bottom