• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Irishshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Avon
    I have an electric ice cream maker that holds 4qts. I'm thinking of getting some stainless media and making it a wet tumbler. Has anyone ever tried it? Know of a reason it might not work? It is small but much less than $200 + for a thumbler?

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Must be ESP???

I just have been having the same thoughts-about an ice crème freezer..

I have been soaking brass in buckets with Lemi-Shine+Dawn, in hot water==It does clean pretty well. Really no SS pins needed.

Today, as a matter of fact, I picked up a slightly used electric freezer @ Goodwill for less than $10.00.

I am going to try it tomorrow+see what it will do with brass, Lemi-Shine+Dawn??...Bill.

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy
    I just have been having the same thoughts-about an ice crème freezer..

I have been soaking brass in buckets with Lemi-Shine+Dawn, in hot water==It does clean pretty well. Really no SS pins needed.

Today, as a matter of fact, I picked up a slightly used electric freezer @ Goodwill for less than $10.00.

I am going to try it tomorrow+see what it will do with brass, Lemi-Shine+Dawn??...Bill.

Awesome. Let us know how it works.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Well-Yes and No....

Mixed up a batch of Lemi-Shine+Dawn in hot water+installed about 300 cases of 9MM...Ran the ice crème freezer about an hour==NICE clean brass...

Moved on to some .223 Rem. cases...The drive motor locked up after about 30 seconds of run time==The bottle neck cases would lock up the paddle of the machine..

So far this system works GREAT for straight (or tapered) wall cases, but not worth a Damn for bottle neck...Oh well--I HAD to try it...Bill.

PS: The good part of this system is that the motor is made to shut down (Torque Limit) with an excessive pull=Ice Crème is done..HA HA..

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I've used a mixture of dawn, salt and vinegar. I think the vinegar makes the cases dark. Does Lemmy shine work better?

Man, I don't know, but I would stay away from salt in the mixture??

Thx for the update. I'll have to keep my eyes open for one one the cheap

I saw 2 of them @ the Greeenfield Good Will store--The one that I bought was still in the box..New??

It was priced @ $9.99..With my Senior's discount was $6.99..All good for me..HA HA..Bill.

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy
    I saw 2 of them @ the Greeenfield Good Will store--The one that I bought was still in the box..New??

It was priced @ $9.99..With my Senior's discount was $6.99..All good for me..HA HA..Bill.[/QUOTE]

awesome. Thanks

Irishshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Avon
    Last night I put about 300 unprimed 9mm cases in and filled the container about 3/4 the way full and added a shot of simple green. I tumbled for about 1 1/2 hrs and checked. The water was black with soot so I rinsed. The brass was cleaner but still a lot of residue on the inside so I filled with hot water and this time I added 2 squirts of Dawn. I turned the ice cream maker back on and set a plug in timer for 3 hours and went to bed. This morning the water was filthy, I rinsed and the cases look very clean. I set them out to dry and will do a more thorough inspection tonight.

Top Bottom