• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I've always wondered if those "find your ancestors" DNA places sell the info.

At least on the federal level, I don't think they have to. I sincerely doubt their systems are all that secure. Secret warrant, NSA break-in, and you've got another database to run DNA samples through and find either customers or family members.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Well, at least .gov doesn't misuse personal information, or allow it to fall into the wrong hands.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I know a guy that voluntarily surrendered some fluid, and caught a battery by bodily fluid charge! Spitters aren’t always quitters!

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    "The new requirement comes after the passing of Senate Enrolled Act 322, which was authored by State Sens. Erin Houchin (R-Salem) and Joe Zakas (R-Granger).

Previously, state law only allowed for the swab to be taken after a felony conviction. The sample will now be taken when the suspect’s fingerprints, photographs and other data are documented during the booking process.

The DNA profile will be run through the state’s Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) and compared to other profiles in the database, only after a finding of probable cause.

If an individual is acquitted of all felony charges, the charges are lowered to a misdemeanor, or no charges are filed after one-year, the sample may be expunged."

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    "The new requirement comes after the passing of Senate Enrolled Act 322, which was authored by State Sens. Erin Houchin (R-Salem) and Joe Zakas (R-Granger).

Previously, state law only allowed for the swab to be taken after a felony conviction. The sample will now be taken when the suspect’s fingerprints, photographs and other data are documented during the booking process.

The DNA profile will be run through the state’s Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) and compared to other profiles in the database, only after a finding of probable cause.

If an individual is acquitted of all felony charges, the charges are lowered to a misdemeanor, or no charges are filed after one-year, the sample may be expunged."

Yeah expunged, just like the ATF and FBI doesn't save 4473 and other info electronically, until it was proven that they do but according to the law can't. But they do anyways.
    Once the govt has something they don't lose or expunge it unless they want to or it's beneficial to them and when they say they lost it they are lying and just hid it.
    Just like if you are arrested, even if you aren't convicted that arresst stays in the police's database forever.
    Now tell me your not gonna be treated any different of a attempted murder or resisting arrest charge pops up with your name even if you aren't convicted of either.
    Our system is bull ****

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    It is kind of a sad state of affairs to live in these nowadays times. Those that are supposed to represent us are the most corrupt of all, and those that are supposed to defend us are treating everyone like they are already guilty. it's time for a beer.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    A universal DNA database has been on the .gov wish list for a very long time. If they thought they could get away with it, they'd DNA everyone at birth, fingerprint at 18, and update pictures for facial recognition every five years.

Uh, you're late to the party. Who said they have to ask or tell you about it? Department of Health has been taking every baby's blood/dna since 1991 and keeping it in a data base-until they got caught. But I'm sure they're not doing anymore.
    https://www.rt.com/usa/172208-indiana-baby-blood-samples/

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    What's everyone's opinion on this new law?
    Used to be that if a person was convicted of a felony, that got their DNA put on file.
    Now, if a person is even charged with a felony, they get a DNA swab.
    My concern is, charges can get dropped or they can be pled down in many cases.
    It is my understanding (correct me if I am wrong) that the DNA stays on file "to help solve cold cases".
    Does this violate a person's rights, in your opinion?

In my humble opinion..... yes, it probably violates your rights, and may well get 'overturned' in a court, eventually.

But quite honestly, it doesn't bother me personally, because-

1. I have no intentions of ever doing anything that can get me charged with a felony; nor do I intend to "look like" anyone who would commit a felony.

2. The only strange or interesting thing in my DNA, is likely from another solar system..... :flasher:

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.

Your actually given a form to send in and have the DNA removed from the database should the circumstances work in your favor. This is given at booking.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    And we all know how well the government gets rid of stuff it wants to keep. I am sure theirs no secret data base with everyones name on it that has purchased a gun as that would be illegal. Hopefully some noob at the secret warehouse of all the information their not supposed to have spills coffee on the sample and renders it unusable.

Top Bottom