Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Evidently so....

From the NRC rules change checklist...

http://www.in.gov/nrc/files/NRC_Checklist.pdf

25. The AG submits rule to the Governor. (IC 4-22-2-33)3

26. Governor provides review. Governor has 15 days to sign or reject rule.
    Additional 15 day review is available to Governor as noticed. (IC 4-22-2-34)

27. With Governor's approval, rule is forwarded to the Publisher for filing as a
    courtesy (or may be submitted by Hearings). (IC 4-22-2-35)

28. Publisher takes no more than three business days to complete review. (IC 4-22-2-39(c))

* 29. LSA posts on-line Publisher's Receipt at the Indiana REGISTER.

30. Rule becomes effective 30 days after filing with Publisher (unless a later
    effective date is specified in the rule). (IC 4-22-2-36)

31. Publisher posts the rule in its final-adopted form in the Indiana REGISTER

* Here is a link showing the Indiana Register Publisher’s Receipt for LSA 11-101 (F) (final adopted on 9-20-11 deer rule changes that will be effective for 2012):

http://www.in.gov/legislative/iac/20111201-IR-312110101AFA.xml.pdf

The rule changes - http://www.in.gov/legislative/iac/20110615-IR-312110101PRA.xml.pdf

Because of the considerable number of changes (compared to current rules) IDNR will likely publish an explanation of all the new deer hunting rules in the first half of 2012. I expect that this explanation will be done in conventional printed fashion (and circulated like the old printed hunting regulations) as well as on their web site. We should have plenty of time to study all the changes and plan accordingly.

So, my best estimate that is signed and in step #31,...

Picit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Kokomo IN
    It will add only a few more production rounds, .460 S&W, .500 beuwolf and .450 bushmaster. 35 remington is almost legal with a slight trim of the brass which I think will take off around here.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Neat! So, what will be the options for rifle calibes that meet the new requirements? I haven't collected many centerfire rifles (I've got a mini-14), just because they couldn't be used for hunting in Indiana

That all depends on what you wish to hunt!

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ill stick with my muzzleloader for all of firearms season :) not going to gain anything by spending a ton of money on a new rifle in a new caliber..

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    MORE....

All of the approvals for the deer rule changes final adopted September 20, 2011 have been obtained (including Attorney General and Governor). The official rule changes should be published in the Indiana Register by December 31, 2011. (Later this month look at http://www.in.gov/legislative/register/irtoc.htm for the actual language.) Also, the IDNR should have the new rule changes on their web site by December 31. The rule changes will be in effect for the 2012 deer seasons.

Meanwhile, to become familiar with changes the reader can refer to a Summary and Detailed Language of the rule changes up for final adoption September 20, 2011 at: http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/2362.htm This language is essentially what was final adopted with one small addition. The addition is that an occupied ground blind would be exempt from the hunter orange requirement IF the blind is elevated more than 4 feet above ground level.

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I understand they won't be cheaper but if I can buy a bundle of 2 antlerless and 1 antlered tags that are good all seasons as opposed to buying individual season tags ill come out ahead $$$.

bevilsiz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    I'm happy about the new crossbow rule. I know this is a hot topic, the it sure is easier for me to carry in the woods.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Too bad they aren't like Wisconsin, $2 bonus antlerless tags. If I would have wanted an extra antlerless deer outside my 1 buck, 1 doe tag I purchased for $160, it still would have been $2 for each extra doe.

I'd like to see this state come out with lifetime licenses again. I'd like to get one for my wife. They are very handy, and even though I paid for mine in 2000, it's already paid for itself.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Ill stick with my muzzleloader for all of firearms season :) not going to gain anything by spending a ton of money on a new rifle in a new caliber..

The deer don't care if you are shooting a new gun or old gun when you hit them they still take that dirt nap!
    Most places I hunt you can't see any farther than 50yds or so a shotgun or muzzleloader works great.

rabbit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I just wish they still had the book they use to give out with all the rules in it! I have a hard time finding my way around the web sight to find the new rules!

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN

Thats why I shopped around a little, found a not so expensive rifle in a caliber I already reload for my pistol, and use it as an excuse to the wife for another gun.
    One can never have too many guns in the safe:D

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I just wish they still had the book they use to give out with all the rules in it! I have a hard time finding my way around the web sight to find the new rules!

They will more than likely come out with some kind of pamphlet to explain the new rules..lots of changes...

Top Bottom