• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Like I have said before, hit them where it hurts...in the wallet. Do not buy the modern gun license. Sit out modern gun and let the harvest number keep declining. Spread the word to all your pro-rifle friends. And keep bugging them. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Also, start proposing anti-shotgun ideas. Fight fire with fire. See how the tyrants like their own medicine.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Like I have said before, hit them where it hurts...in the wallet. Do not buy the modern gun license. Sit out modern gun and let the harvest number keep declining. Spread the word to all your pro-rifle friends. And keep bugging them. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Also, start proposing anti-shotgun ideas. Fight fire with fire. See how the tyrants like their own medicine.

I'm all for being able to use a rifle. My K31 would be SWEET in the tree stand. But there is no way in hell I'm not going to gun hunt this year. Yes it sucks that we can't use the rifles that we want, but I still have a freezer that needs filled.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'm all for being able to use a rifle. My K31 would be SWEET in the tree stand. But there is no way in hell I'm not going to gun hunt this year. Yes it sucks that we can't use the rifles that we want, but I still have a freezer that needs filled.

Have to agree here.
    The only way to get this ridiculous regulation changed in our favor next time is to actually organize, hit the site, attend meetings, write letters to the editor, talk to our friends and family to explain our position in a calm and uninsulting manner, using facts and explaining how so many adjoining states have allowed CFR for at least as long as we have banned them.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County

You have nearly 4 months of season, bow hunt, crossbow, ML and enjoy a more peaceable hunt. Money talks, BS walks. Keep lining up to buy their crappy product and they'll never change it.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Yes, it is a long season. Yes I do bow hunt. I bought a Savage 220 specifically because of our gun season laws and I love that thing. It is deadly accurate on deer and has plenty of range. Especially for the places I hunt. I have no reason to take a shot over 200 yards, and that rifle will put the slugs where I want every time within that distance. Go ahead and don't hunt gun season if it makes you feel better. I'll be in the woods.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    It'll make nice little cloverleafs in the paper at 100 yards all day long. As long as I can control myself in the stand it goes right where I put the crosshairs every time. I'm feeding it the 2.75" Accutips, seems to really like those. And that trigger is sweet.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Dodging all those safe stray shotgun slugs.

Off topic here---What kind of groups are you getting with that 220?
    Perhaps you have a good point to use next time. I know a guy who was shot and I believe died when shot with a shotgun during deer season. I don't know if it was a ricochet, but if it was had these less safe firearms been banned and normal ones been used, the slug would likely not have bounced and killed him. We need to ban shotgun slugs because they are not as safe as normal rifle round.

Last edited:

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Perhaps you have a good point to use next time. I know a guy who was shot and I believe died when shot with a shotgun during deer season. I don't know if it was a ricochet, but if it was had these less safe firearms been banned and normal ones been used, the slug would likely not have bounced and killed him. We need to ban shotgun slugs because they are not as safe as normal rifle round.

There's the spirit. And we got a REAL DEAL study to back us up too.

And outlaw anything other than smooth barrels since those rifled shotguns travel too far. Give them time and they'll extend the range out to 300 yds and then they will be laser beams of death.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Im actually really pissed about this. I live in the north and these idiots were screaming its unsafe because people cant hit what they are shooting at already and its all flat around here so the bullets will just fly. oh and now people will have huge mags and fire like crazy..... what the hell ever. Has anyone noticed that the yote guns are not restricted at all? yotes are a hell of a lot smaller and more often moving then deer. funny thing is there is never any news about this. Indianas hunting laws are insane for gun season. Most of the cals allowed are barely in the human. how about they just simply add few specific cals to the list.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Indianas hunting laws are insane for gun season. Most of the cals allowed are barely in the human. how about they just simply add few specific cals to the list.

Indiana law allows most calibers for hunting deer. They allow .243, 270, 30-06, 30/30, 35 Rem, 7.62x54r, 8mm, etc, as long as they are shot from a pistol. These rounds shot from a rifle are a no-no. That is what makes it insane. I agree that we need all rifle rounds to be legal. If they only allow a select few, it makes no sense to me. I know a 30/30 or 300 savage seem mild, but they are just as deadly as a 30-06 or 8mm. It would be all or none, and sadly Indiana chooses none.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    There are some "bad boy" wildcat calibersthat we can now use in our present deer rifles. The problem is the money spent to convert a rifle to those calibers.

No, it doesn't make any sense at all to ban centerfires ..

Top Bottom