• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Any of you military or contractor types know a DNS number/switchboard that can connect a local phone in Bloomington, IN.? I tried to do it thru Crane, but it was a no go, said Bloomington was not local to Crane. Thinking that I might be out of luck and have to use the Moral phone in the TOC during FTX's, but was hoping to use the VOIP in the Shelter. Thanks!.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    If you're talkng about what used to be called Autovon, it's been DSN (Defense Switched Network) (not DNS) for several years, now. To answer your question, though - no.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    If you're talkng about what used to be called Autovon, it's been DSN (Defense Switched Network) (not DNS) for several years, now. To answer your question, though - no.

Thanks, yeah, I might have switched the letters. I was trying to see if I call home from the field at Ft. Bliss with a little more privacy then the moral phone. Thanks anyhow!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Thanks, yeah, I might have switched the letters. I was trying to see if I call home from the field at Ft. Bliss with a little more privacy then the moral phone. Thanks anyhow!
    You should be able to call the DSN, tell them it's a morale call, and ask to be patched through to the number you're trying to reach.

I've been told that this works and I will probably be testing this myself soon. If you're calling outside of business hours you'll have to call Atterbury because Crane's DSN operator line isn't manned 24/7 like Atterbury's.

Top Bottom