Do 90% of Americans Actually Support More Gun Control?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    90% of the low information electorate probably do not realize we already have to pass a check to buy a gun from a LGS.
    When asked the already skewed questions they fall into lockstep with the sheeple

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    90% of the low information electorate probably do not realize we already have to pass a check to buy a gun from a LGS.
    When asked the already skewed questions they fall into lockstep with the sheeple

That's the biggest problem.
    I'm sure if asked, most people now believe that you can go to a gun show (or Internet), and walk out , as MSNBC has been reporting, with a full auto weapon, as the video they keep playing says, "without a background check, and likely without showing I.D." (not an exact quote)
    What happened to the "news" reporting the news instead of giving their twisted opinions?

Foxxwoof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Battle Ground
    I've been trying to figure out where that 90% number they keep throwing out came from, and that article pretty much backs up much of what i've been thinking on the subject. It seems to me, that the way the question is asked, it reads like 90% or people polled support background checks in general. Not that they necessarily support a more reaching system, because they either didn't know we currently have system in place, or are unaware of what and when the system is used for. Because other polls conducted by Gallup and AP don't seem to support the claims of the dems. (go figure right?)

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I'm sure if asked, most people now believe that you can go to a gun show (or Internet), and walk out , as MSNBC has been reporting, with a full auto weapon, as the video they keep playing says, "without a background check, and likely without showing I.D." (not an exact quote)
    What happened to the "news" reporting the news instead of giving their twisted opinions?

What happened is it never existed, at least not in my living memory. The press has been telling us since at least the '70's that 90% of the public want "more gun control." 90% wanted handgun bans in the '70's, 90% wanted bullet bans in the '80's, and 90% wanted "assault weapon" bans in the '90's. It was bull:poop: then, it is bull:poop: now.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I've been trying to figure out where that 90% number they keep throwing out came from, /QUOTE]

See below... Viper nailed it.

Ask a leading question, get the answer you want.

They pose questions like this:
    Do you support keeping kids safe by keeping guns out of dangerous people's hands or do you want little kids to be murdered by the busload by deranged lunatics who dance on their graves. (ok, so I slightly dramatized it...)

And then the 10% who actually vote no to that are Piers and the other leftist who like to dance on graves of slain children....

Nim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    Falls City Area / Clark County
    My concern is that the background check willlead to the federal database recording every transaction.

There is also the 9th and 10th amendment that protects the rights being delegated to the states.

What the heck do we have a constitution for if politicians just create laws that violate it without recourse?

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Evidently there is a poll some where that ask for your opinion on gun control. I personally have not seen it. As of the 2013 Census Bureau the population in the US is 315,697,400. So that means 284,127,660 people support more gun control, which is ridiculous. Now let say 300,000 people took this poll. That means 270,000 people support gun control. You can take another poll where 300,000 partake of and we might get 90% of those that are against gun control.

After all the numbers I have come to the conclusion that there was never a poll taken about more gun control. LIARS.

What they need to say is " 35% of the population has voted on more gun control poll. Of that 35%, 90% voted for more gun control."

We will never get anywhere close to 100% of the population to vote on anything.

Last edited:

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    According to Gallup, only 4% think gun control is an important issue - FOUR PERCENT. That's it. [1]

[1] - Gallup: Only 4% of Americans Think Gun Control is an Important Problem | CNS News

They only called 1005 Americans by phone. Of these 1005 Americans, 4% say gun control is an important issue.

Since when did 1005 people become the voice of America?

They can call 1005 different Americans and get a total different number. It just so happened that the 1005 they did call believe that gun control is not an important issue.

The anti-gun idiots are making these polls and they are telling us that the majority of Americans are for more gun control. In actuality the majority of Americans that participated in the polls are for more gun control.

I would like to see a poll started where everyone participated in it. But it cant happen.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    They only called 1005 Americans by phone. Of these 1005 Americans, 4% say gun control is an important issue.

Since when did 1005 people become the voice of America?

They can call 1005 different Americans and get a total different number. It just so happened that the 1005 they did call believe that gun control is not an important issue.

The anti-gun idiots are making these polls and they are telling us that the majority of Americans are for more gun control. In actuality the majority of Americans that participated in the polls are for more gun control.

I would like to see a poll started where everyone participated in it. But it cant happen.

The math behind the polls that most major polls use is pretty sound. It's the questions that cause the problem much more often than the polling practice, if it is from a major polling institution. (but still there are mr. nobody polls that aren't statistically sound that people try to quote every now and then, IE the 40% of guns don't go through background checks poll.)

Even the 4% linked in that article is misleading because I believe that only 4% said it was THE MOST important. If you let people pick 2 or 3 I'm sure a larger % than 4 would have said it was important.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The news is now a revenue stream and a straight up business. No longer a public service and overhead for the networks and local stations. They need the ratings to ell advertising and support the news crews and talking heads.

Its about the ratings

Top Bottom