Do any Board Members monitor this sub-forum?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    I thought you were on the board, single six.
    Don may read this forum occasionally.
    Former board member chizzle will comment on occasion.
    Many years ago I was on the board, but not now.

Discussing the clubs business on an open forum might be problematic.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Discussing the clubs business on an open forum might be problematic.

Some of the questions we have been asking would not cause problems but will in fact solve some.
    There is some confusion on current rules etc. Not all of us can make the monthly meetings. Would love to but it always slips by.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I agree that general airing of laundry would be bad here.

But I think the OP is asking if it is worth asking questions, or if they are talking to an dead mic because nobody (relevant) can hear them.

A good example would be Saturday's Meet and Shoot. It would have been great if a board member (or more) monitored the forum to field the question of whether construction would have started that would have prevented the M&S from happening. But if nobody is listening...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree that general airing of laundry would be bad here.

But I think the OP is asking if it is worth asking questions, or if they are talking to an dead mic because nobody (relevant) can hear them.

A good example would be Saturday's Meet and Shoot. It would have been great if a board member (or more) monitored the forum to field the question of whether construction would have started that would have prevented the M&S from happening. But if nobody is listening...

Seems the mic is dead.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As a former member and friend of singlesix, I would argue that "Discussing the clubs business on an open forum" would be a positive thing. There are those that may not like it, but ultimately it will be good.

As posted in another thread, there are those concerned as to why the MCFG website is not current with rules and regs? Is this not 2015?
    I could be mistaken, but this isn't the first time communication issues have been a problem, right?

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As a former member and friend of singlesix, I would argue that "Discussing the clubs business on an open forum" would be a positive thing. There are those that may not like it, but ultimately it will be good.

As posted in another thread, there are those concerned as to why the MCFG website is not current with rules and regs? Is this not 2015?
    I could be mistaken, but this isn't the first time communication issues have been a problem, right?

Please know I do not wish to stir up a fight. Not my intent. I do want what your second paragraph states....an up to date web site.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

I agree, any Indiana Club worth a poop should be on the forums here and discussions should be open, especially if it's a open club to join. Open air tends to extinguish cliques that go on within most gun clubs. Members and future members then can easily ask questions and see what problems might be going on at a club they already belong to, or may be thinking of joining. It's another avenue for members that can't attend meeting to read what's going on. I have yet to belong to a club in Indiana that puts out a newsletter or the monthly minutes of what's going on.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Please know I do not wish to stir up a fight. Not my intent. I do want what your second paragraph states....an up to date web site.

Yes sir! My intention is the same. I wish only good things for the club which I once belonged to and have intention to be a regular visitor of.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    There is a sign up sheet on the clubhouse door for attending a Saturday meeting to be brought up to speed on rule changes (or something to that effect). I'm not sure if it's this coming Saturday though. When I left yesterday there were zero signed up.
    Both bays now have large car port style structures with lights in place and the dividing berm lengthened by about 10-15 ft.
    No construction had started on the main range when I left at 3pm.
    The place was looking nice.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    As others put it, much better than I, is the Mic Dead? I don't mean to stir up anything. Maybe it would be better to make this a read only, is this even possible, sub-forum?

Top Bottom