do any indiana dealers stock machine guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    I read through the dealer link and browsed most if not all of the websites if those that have them.
    However while I know they can do a transfer I didn't see any that had anything in stock.

For obvious reasons I'd rather purchase through a dealer (I know it will cost a bit more).
    I've been waiting on a suppressor out if state for quite some time now so I don't mind waiting. But I may have to move out of state next year so I don't have time to wait on 2 transfers.
    if there are no stocking dealers ill just wait ... just who wants to wait when you can finally purchase your first mg? :)

I'm no looking for anything too highend yet. Just a Mac.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I read through the dealer link and browsed most if not all of the websites if those that have them.
    However while I know they can do a transfer I didn't see any that had anything in stock.

For obvious reasons I'd rather purchase through a dealer (I know it will cost a bit more).
    I've been waiting on a suppressor out if state for quite some time now so I don't mind waiting. But I may have to move out of state next year so I don't have time to wait on 2 transfers.
    if there are no stocking dealers ill just wait ... just who wants to wait when you can finally purchase your first mg? :)

I'm no looking for anything too highend yet. Just a Mac.

If my memory serves me right ACME sports in Seymour does. Kieslers down in Clarksville does also, that's all I know.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Part of the reason very few stock any is the cost is so crazy. If we had a constitutional right to own a machinegun, the cost would be the same as any other firearm. For instance, FNH F2000s new cost just under $2000. P90s run about $1500 or so. Heck forget those because we the people are banned from owning those.

Ok, take a brand new M16, again well under $2000, but if you had a "transferable" one, the cost would be closer to $15,000. Basic Kalashnikovs that were "legally converted" and registered start at the same $15,000. A new full auto Uzi would be about $1500, but a "transferable" one is closer to $8000.

While it would be nice to have a shop that is well stocked with that which shall not be infringed, the cost of inventory would be prohibitive.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Why do you not want to buy from an individual? There can be problem dealers just like problem individuals.

Chuck

Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Why do you not want to buy from an individual? There can be problem dealers just like problem individuals.

Chuck

I'd rather not send someone I don't know, $3,500 and hope that I get a product 4-8 months later.

I've done that for other very expensive items, but generally have the item in 24-48 hours after being sent overnight. & there is always that worry in the intervening time period.

An established dealer I can check out much easier & with more confidence, short of a very well known seller.

Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Sold last night. :)

We currently have a fully transferable 30 carbine in stock.

:(

I'm thinking a mac would be a good starter mg.
    Could maybe spring for an Uzi next year.

I know few places can afford to stock such expensive guns in large numbers.
    I guess I'll just wait till I know whether I'm moving or not.

ty

DerFreischutz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Lafayette/Fort Wayne
    Applied Ballistics in Lafayette has a few in stock. For rent they had an Uzi and an MP5 the last time I was there. Both were available for purchase, though I forget how much. They had a few others too, but it's been a few weeks since I've been there. They are a site sponsor, so you might get a reply from them directly if you post in their threads.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    I'd rather not send someone I don't know, $3,500 and hope that I get a product 4-8 months later.

I've done that for other very expensive items, but generally have the item in 24-48 hours after being sent overnight. & there is always that worry in the intervening time period.

An established dealer I can check out much easier & with more confidence, short of a very well known seller.

Personally I have been given more of a run around by dealers than individuals when buying NFA. I have had one shoot one of my guns in their possession without my permission damaging a 22lr AOW firing pin. I had one keep the paperwork and send the gun to my dealer here in state then tell me that it was not necessary for my dealer to have it, after sitting on it for months after approval. I had one ship a gun without notifying the receiving dealer and the gun never showed up. That took 6 months to figure out what happened. I had one change their fees on me after the gun was transferred to them. Thankfully now I am good friends with a couple of SOT's that I trust fully and love doing business with them.

With an individual you can work out a deal that you both still have interest in the transaction. A 50/50 deal is common in the NFA world between individuals. My last transferable that I sold I did a 50/50 deal on. I usually ask a few bucks more for the deal since I have to wait to get paid fully. Now if I was to get paid 100% up front I will give them the option of taking all the parts except the registered receiver. I usually give a better price for 100% up front.

Chuck

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    I owned a lot of machine guns before I became an SOT. I would not hesitate buying from an individual if I was an individual. There are always slight risks, each way. I have heard of dealers stiffing customers by going out of business and I have heard of individuals screwing individuals as well. Just make sure you check the weapon and the seller out before you buy and you should be fine.

Top Bottom