• melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Most of my guns are in a safe.

Not all of them.

The guns I use for home/self defense are NEVER in the safe. There may be one on my desk, or in my nightstand, or in the kitchen strapped under a countertop. Those guns are needed for quick access and locking them up makes them totally useless.

You do what you want, but while I lock up MOST of my guns, there are SOME guns that will never see the inside of the safe.

If I only had 2 guns then I would not see the need for a safe. Also, if you want, there are gun boxes you can buy that will give you near instant access to your gun. They have a digital touch-pad that pops them open if you touch the correct combination. Depending on model and size, cost is about $90 up to $250. It may be the "best of both worlds" in that you have quick access and security.

chadc11

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Venice, FL
    I think it's a good idea to have a safe. It is never a bad idea to secure your firearms..... I just bought one and I only have 2 handguns and a shotgun.

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Its not required in Indiana to have both guns and ammo in your safe. You are not even required to have a safe.

However, heed the warning of many people who have had firearms, ammo, and accessories stolen and GET A GUN SAFE. Don't skimp either. Spend at least $900-1000 on one. That will ensure you got a good 500 pound safe with a lock that will take hours of work to break into.

Top Bottom