• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowtech29

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    new castle, indiana
    Ok so I have had this sks for quite some time and the previous owner had filed the "nub" off the front of the folding stock. Well I've finally got around to getting a wood stock for it. When I removed the folding stock from the rifle the little spring isn't in the hole in the stock. So my question is do I need this spring and what's its purpose. Thanks.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Where is this hole in the stock that is missing its spring? I am mentally trying to tear down my SKS, and I am not remembering any such hole. (admittedly, it has been a little while since I have had it apart)
    I will pull it out of my safe, and see if I cannot see what you are looking for.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I think hes talking about the spring that fits in the hole of the wooden stock and contacts the trigger group, if its this one the only thing that one is for is to "pop" out the trigger group when you push that release button behind the trigger gaurd. Hope this helps

Last edited:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Looks like that is the one. The only reason I can see that you might need it would be to tension the trigger assembly against the catch. If it is a problem, I would think that you could find something close enough at the local hardware to replace it.

Edit: For reference, the spring in my rifle measures about 1/4"X 1 3/32", I have no way of measuring the tension, but it is fairly heavy. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom