• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I don't blame you at all. If I was going to spend that kind of money on a new pistol I would order it the way I wanted it as well. I wouldn't have an issue on the wait either. It will get there when it is ready. It isn't like you are hiding behind the door with a rock to protect yourself in the mean time.

I am actually enjoying the whole process, although I am very much looking forward to shooting and carrying that bad boy whenever it gets here.

And when it comes to rocks, one should have at least one rock for every door. One just can't have too many rocks. :)

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Don't sweat it. It took me exactly 20 years to get the gun I wanted. It was worth the wait.

And like you said, you already have one WC on hand, and it is a beauty.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Over 300 new Wilsons on GB right now.. It took a little patience but I found exactly what I was looking for in about 6 months of watching GB.. It was used but you could not tell it by looking and got it at a considerable savings. Yeah, It's not new and not ordered by me but what I would have ordered if I were ordering. Extremely nice and well put together. Guess I don't have the patience and I'm always looking for what I consider a bargain but I'm very happy with my purchase.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer-M&P armorer & 1911mechanic[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    They had my Colt for a year to install a barrel and do checkering on the front strap. That was a long wait.

That is just nuts.
    There are many qualified people on Ingo that would as good or better a job and have the gun back before you started missing it badly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Over 300 new Wilsons on GB right now.. It took a little patience but I found exactly what I was looking for in about 6 months of watching GB.. It was used but you could not tell it by looking and got it at a considerable savings. Yeah, It's not new and not ordered by me but what I would have ordered if I were ordering. Extremely nice and well put together. Guess I don't have the patience and I'm always looking for what I consider a bargain but I'm very happy with my purchase.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer-M&P armorer & 1911mechanic[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Well put together indeed, like a highly functional piece of art. I'm not sweating the wait too much.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Admire your patience, Mark. Honestly.

I'm in a different 'category', in that firearms are tools first and foremost. Never had a personal problem hitting the 'X' ring with an off-the-shelf piece, as long as I did my part.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The fact that enough people are ordering Wilsons for the wait to be that long makes me feel like I need to find a new job :(

They keep expanding but I don't see the wait times getting any better, not sure what they're doing. Not sure why it takes so long anyway, most of the heavy lifting is done by CNC now.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Mine is being kitted, not sure of lead time after gunshop gets that notification. Likely my first/last high dollar (to me) firearm, but have been looking at Wilson Combats for a long time & couldn't take it anymore. Hmmm, their ARs are pretty sweet, hmmmm...

Top Bottom