• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've checked Walmart and Meijer, and neither sells tube socks. Anyone seen them anywhere? Maybe a TSC or other farm supply store?

We have a 10yo boxer that we trained to get a toy to tug on instead of jumping around and on you with her front paws (why they got their name). We have noticed that she doesnt like to pull on the hard rope toys anymore, but does still like to tug on her cheap, plush monkey without stuffing. Unfortunately if we tugged as hard as she can, we'd rip it apart in no time.

I figured I could make soft and relatively strong pull toys from tube socks that can easily be washed or even thrown away when they get too bad. Trouble is, I cant seem to find anyone that sells them.

Suggestions?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I thought they still made them too. Yeah, other than the ones you mentioned, maybe a flea market or Goodwill.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    A suggestion: I grew up around dogs. My dad would take old jeans & cut the denim into 1-2" strips lengthwise. He would then use 3-4 strips tied on the end & braid them. This would yield a 16-20" long tug (tied at both ends). The dogs loved them to tug on & it was an inexpensive way to keep them happy.
    I have done the same for my dogs & our 1 yr. old pitbull loves to play tug with the denim toy. Hope this helps!:)

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I still buy tube socks, get them at Wal-mart. Seems like they are sold out a lot, sometimes I have to go back 2 or 3 times to find them. Look by the Dickies brand stuff sometimes they're there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    When i looked at walmart, I looked with the other socks. I'll try again by the "working man's apparel". I assumed that socks would be with, well, socks. :dunno:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think they keep them right next to the shorts.

7baf07dbea88e89ae729a9e8a18eda78.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I usually find them by the other socks but they don't have nearly as many of the tube socks and sometimes are sold out but will have them the next time I look.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I still get them at Penneys. I wear boots (work and western) most of the time. They've got great seamless tube socks. Last for years and somehow stay in place. Very reasonable price especially when Penneys has one of their huge sales.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Teaching your dog it's ok to chew on socks isn't the greatest idea in the world.
    For a puppy, yes. Otherwise, see below...

10-year-old dog teaches you what he wants to chew on.

Exactly. I also find spots of blood on the rope toy. Methinks she is starting to have some dental/gum issues. Not so much that she turns down rawhides though. LOL

I'm wearing Tube's that my Daughter bought me for Christmas from Kohls right now. Socks and Underwear... That's all I ever get anymore. :):

Its just not Christmas until you get socks and underwear. I'm a freak. I buy all new socks and underwear every year. No, Im not OCD, but you have to admit the feeling of new socks and underwear is very nice. Almost as good as a hot bath after working out in the cold, or dry socks after walking around for hours in wet/damp ones.

Top Bottom