• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • luckee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    NWI
    From what I've seen the sellers at the gun shows are the one ones adding to the hysteria in order to scare up sales.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    idiot salesmen at Greenfield

From what I've seen the sellers at the gun shows are the one ones adding to the hysteria in order to scare up sales.
    Yes they are hoping to get rich off a few dummies if they will pay 3000$ for an AR or 1000 for a AK. 10 $ for 7.62x39? NO WAY ! The Indy 1500 better not be this way or NO MORE gun shows for me. Ive got internet to order from.

bmyers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Yes they are hoping to get rich off a few dummies if they will pay 3000$ for an AR or 1000 for a AK. 10 $ for 7.62x39? NO WAY ! The Indy 1500 better not be this way or NO MORE gun shows for me. Ive got internet to order from.

Unfortunately, I look for the 1500 in January to be somewhat this way. On the other hand, I am not sure it is all false. Rewind to 10 years ago. Think of some of the things that have been done under BHO, and think of how you wouldve reacted if you would've heard someone explain them 10 years ago. The person would've been accused of being a conspiracy theorist, nutjob, etc. 10 years later a lot of it has happened.........

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    10 years ago I could buy anything i wanted even after that ban was near end, this time it may not be that way ,maybe its the end of an era.but Ill fight it

IRISH1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    South Bend
    If nothing changes prices "SHOULD" go back to normal. Once the panic is over and production catches up prices will drop. Not everyone raised the price of their items. A lot of sites still sells mags, lowers exc for the price before the rush. Once they are able to restock prices will go down. Just watch websites during the next few weeks when stocks starts to fill up and you wont have to over pay. $60 for 1 magazine is crazy and it wont last.

I just ordered 1k Winchester M885 for under $400 while people are paying 800+ on gunbroker... CRAZY

hopefully....I remember 9/11/2001 when gas stations started printing money by raising gas prices through the roof...until the goivernment found out and fined them for that. However gas has risen extremely since then and no real sign of relief has been seen. Once people get a taste of what it is like to rape people monitarily and get away with it they do not want to stop. Think about it...tne only time an actual criminal stops committing crime is when they are dead.....even in lock up they still commit crimes and become better criminals. And once again people take advantage of tragedy.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    was at gun show in greenfield today.
    never have I ever seen it that packed, they had to move it to other building
    they was a poor selection of hand guns with very high price tags to go with them.

the buzz in the room gun control and taking guns from people that go over board .

just wanted to ask your true thoughts

thanks Mark
    I think the frenzy is a little over the top. I have bought some ammo and such over the past week, but I will not get caught up in this stuff. It will not change anything if we do.

reedo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    "Weather the storm". This too will pass. Right now every one is on edge about the "unknown". This is of course running prices sky high. I suspect that this will settle in a short time. If the BHO reinstates the Brady Bill or a similiar one, then ammo will begin to fall there after. I think that the longer we stand in limbo, the longer the prices will remain high. Be patient. History repeart itself. :patriot::ar15:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No. Look around you. Honestly, just stop and look around you. Have any of the paranoid predictions over the last 4 years come to pass? When Obama had the PERFECT opportunity to exercise his "executive order" ability to supposedly bypass Congress and enact gun control, did he? Is anyone, other than the usual Feinstein crowd, proposing anything?

We live in one of the greatest nations on Earth, have an amazing standard of living that's beyond the imagination of great swaths of the global population, enjoy an amazing amount of control over our daily lives, and yet somehow we constantly convince ourselves the sky is falling tomorrow. Yet tomorrow just never quite gets here, does it?

Its pretty much never as bad as worrying makes it seem, regardless of what "it" is....unless "it" is the dentist. Then its worse.;)

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    I think we will never know intill it happens.... If they try to take are guns then it could be another revolution and would be very bad.. If they take are guns and no revolution then its still really really bad.. IF they dont take are guns then well prices will prob stay high so I guess no matter what it looks bad....

*our*

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No. Look around you. Honestly, just stop and look around you. Have any of the paranoid predictions over the last 4 years come to pass? When Obama had the PERFECT opportunity to exercise his "executive order" ability to supposedly bypass Congress and enact gun control, did he? Is anyone, other than the usual Feinstein crowd, proposing anything?

We live in one of the greatest nations on Earth, have an amazing standard of living that's beyond the imagination of great swaths of the global population, enjoy an amazing amount of control over our daily lives, and yet somehow we constantly convince ourselves the sky is falling tomorrow. Yet tomorrow just never quite gets here, does it?

Its pretty much never as bad as worrying makes it seem, regardless of what "it" is....unless "it" is the dentist. Then its worse.;)

On the flip side, Obama is smart enough to know that if he tried to infringe upon the second amendment by Executive Order it would be bad news for him and his party. He would have a fight on his hands not just from Pro-2nd amendment groups, but from others as well. The anti-2nd amendment politicians know they have to take a patient route to this. They need to discredit us, and that is where this will go. They will seek to divide and discredit us and then legislation will be brought forward.

I'm not rushing out and panic buying things at prices I would not normally purchase at, however, I'm not going into this hoping for the best. Hope is not a strategy. The best thing we can do is stay vigilant and continue to stand up for our rights whenever we can, and let our government know that we will not stand for any infringement upon our rights.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I'm not buying anything right now unless the prices are reasonable. I am however keeping a list of firms that are needlessly jacking prices out of nothing but greed, and I will never buy from them again.

Cheaper Than Dirt is dead as far as I am concerned.

JeepCrasher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    I was at t he same gun show on saturday and here are some of the "deals" i found

Stripped Lower $400
    $700 complete AR for $2000
    $1000 complete AR for $3000

An individual had a complete DEDICATED and complete 9mm AR $1800

I'm treating the current craze as a passing fad (hopefully). I continue to buy what and when i can afford and the "original" month ago price when i can find it. I've bought some stuff on backorder because it's at a tolerable price and i don't mind waiting. So for me it's business as usual.

Later

jpwfranks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Middle of a hay field
    It seems to me that as soon as the retailers started selling out, people started panicking and looking for someone who still had the item they wanted in stock. The sellers who still had inventory, raised their prices because the panicked people were willing to pay just about anything to get their hi-cap mag or whatever they wanted right away. I agree with the other guys on here that as soon as production catches back up and inventory is built back up, the reputable online retailers will keep selling at the pre 2012 Gun Bubble prices and everyone else will have to lower their prices accordingly.

Top Bottom