• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    USA Hockey just beat Russia 3-2 in a shootout, that game was crazy! It was live on NBCS, not sure if they'll show it again, but if they do I suggest checking it out. T.J. Oshie was awesome in the shootout. Wow. Just Wow.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Watched from start to finish. It really is amazing how much more fun it is to watch Olympic hockey rather than NHL. I try to kid myself and say that it's not completely patriotic passion based, and I know better

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Don't professional hockey players now make up the US Olympic team?

Just like basketball, all the athletes are thrown out and replaced with professionals. A college crew won the first gold medal. Today, they just switch uniforms of NHL players and give the a flag.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Just like basketball, all the athletes are thrown out and replaced with professionals. A college crew won the first gold medal. Today, they just switch uniforms of NHL players and give the a flag.

The way I see it, you can either live in the past or embrace the now. Yes, these are professionals. No, there won't be a movie made about today's game.

The fact is, Russia was favored on European ice (15 feet wider than NHL ice forcing a different style of play) and team USA beat Russia in Putin's $51 billion house in a hell of a game.

I will not apologize for my enthusiasm!!!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    That's what I thought, but hockey's not my game, so I don't keep up with it. Back in the day, the communist nations, like the USSR and DDR had professional athletes and we whined because ours were amateurs, except for the active duty military. Now most of the team sports teams are pros.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    Just watched it. Amazing game but growing up as a wings fan, I kept wanting to root for the guys in the red and white haha.

Sad to hear about Zetterberg.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The way I see it, you can either live in the past or embrace the now. Yes, these are professionals. No, there won't be a movie made about today's game.

The fact is, Russia was favored on European ice (15 feet wider than NHL ice forcing a different style of play) and team USA beat Russia in Putin's $51 billion house in a hell of a game.

Oh, be as enthusiastic as you would like; I rejoice with you. I was just responding to the other post.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

I hope Putin's trigger finger isn't getting too itchy. Would had for a few tactical nukes to accidentally come our way in retaliation.

Top Bottom